cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVEBMGS00 cannot start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am installing a SAP NetWeaver 7.4 ABAP server on SAP HANA SPS09 (rev. 91) on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 inside a VMware virtual environment. All the SAP software were downloaded yesterday and have the latest version.

System details:

Host: hana01

Linux kernel: 3.0.76-0.11

HANA instance:

SID: H10

Instance no: 10

SAP NetWeaver 7.4 instance:

SID: HDB

Instance no: 00

The installation of SAP HANA went fine, but the installation of SAP BW fails when reaching step "Start Instance" - see the screen dump below:

When I open SAP Management Console, the ABAP central instance DVEBMGS00 is not running, while ASCS01 runs fine:

I have attached two logs "sapinst.log" and "sapcontrol_HDB_DVEBMGS00.log".

I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction why DVEBMGS00 cannot start.

Thanks.

Regards. Arseny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per log:

WARNING 2015-02-12 08:50:41.417

Connect to message server (hana01/3901) failed: MSENILAYER.

looks like the port 3901 is used. check note 1662097 - SAPinst stopInstance fails when installing new ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the note you have attached and the used port 3901.

Here is the output which process is using this port:

hana01:hdbadm 10> netstat -an | grep 3901

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3901            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN     

unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     63101  /tmp/.sapstream3901

unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     63194  /tmp/.sapstream3901

hana01:~ # fuser 3901/tcp

3901/tcp:            12373

hana01:~ # ps -p 12373

PID TTY          TIME CMD

12373 ?        00:00:00 ms.sapHDB_ASCS0

Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is ti possible to attach the work directory logs from below location?

/usr/sap/HDB/ASCS01

/usr/sap/HDB/D*/work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, these are the log and trace files from the the "work" folders within ASCS01 and DVEBMGS00.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

The files are better readable when opening in WordPad.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just compress and attach, there should not be too many files as this is new install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't attach ZIP archives to the message, but here are the links with two archives:

http://1drv.ms/1DIFx7j

http://1drv.ms/1CikwOY

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the logs.

1) As per the ASCS01 work log, dev_sapstart/sapstart.log file contains below errors:

(7586) **** 2015/02/12 09:59:49 Child 12347 died due to Signal 9 . ****

There is a note for signal 9 - 426188 - R/3 processes terminate due to signal 9

2) There are also below errors:

*** DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN => DpMsAttach: local hostname 'hana01' is resolved to loopback address (cf. SAP note 1054467 for details)

Refer to the note mentioned.

I would suggest to refer note 1054467 first and restart the instance. I dont think there will be any hardware issues but you can request LINUX team to refer 426188.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

You were spot on the error with the loopback address 🙂 I applied "rdisp/tolerate_loopback_addr = true" in the profile to solve the issue. However, as I read in the SAP note, this is not a sustainable solution as the system must remain standalone.

Is there a way to make the system start without applying the mentioned parameter? Add extra network cards in VMware, add hostnames to /etc/hosts?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't you add DNS and add your system entry in DNS rather than modifying the local /etc/hosts file?

If there is no DNS then the option is to add the ip addess to hosts file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean registering the host name in the local network DSN? This might be tricky in my scenario.

/etc/hosts has these two entries:

127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.0.2 hana01.fqdn.corp hana01

How would you modify the hosts file in my case to avoid the issue with loopback to local host?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure why you are not able to add the entry in the DNS, is this standalone/test installation?

Replace the 127.x.x.2 ip which you have assinged to your host name with valid IP. I hope you got an valid IP from your network team, if this connected to the network.

for examle:

192.168.0.5 hana01.fqdn.corp hana01

then try to ping from command line both the host names if success then try to start the SAP.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you supply the dev_w0 and dev_rd trace files from the work directory please?

If possible stop the installer and clean the shared memory segments using cleanipc. Delete the stream files under /tmp file system. Restart the SAP system manually.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

RB, all the files from work directory already attached. see response .