cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59 problem in ECC50 to send Idocs to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

while creating RFC in ECC5.0 to post IDoc's into XI. I got into some problem.

we have to give XI user.Id/pw <u>or</u> ECC50 user.Id/pw. which Is correct. how many bytes is the p.w length and we have give p.w in uppercase. is this correct

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For an RFC connection to work from ECC to XI it should be a valid logon in XI. You can create an XI Service user for managing RFC connections. Make sure that the created user has sufficient roles to do the process of sending the IDOCs into XI. The Username is usually in CAPS but the password needs to be as usual. its case sensitive.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

Suman Jaltar

Thanks Bavesh. That was a typo error.

Message was edited by:

Suman Jaltar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>You can create an XI Dialog user for managing RFC connections.</i>

Actually, it is recommened that the user id 's used in RFC destinations are Service user ID's. Dialog User Id's have an expiring password and this can cause issues when the password expries. The best way forward is to use Service User Id's in RFC destinations.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As others have pointed, you have to give the user id (a non-dialog user) in XI on the ECC sm59 destination...the user need to have appropriate access...

about the password, if the XI is 3.0 then it is case-insensitive, however with if it is NW04S-PI 7.0 then it is case sensitive..

Thanks,

Renjith