cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PeriodID missing for key figure date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While trying to upload key figures today I was constantly getting the following  error.

DATA_TYPEREJECTION_CODEREJECTION_CODE_NAMEREJECTION_DESCRIPTION
KEYFIGURE133Missing period IDPERIODID is missing for the KEYFIGUREDATE provided

Can you please elaborate the concept behind this periodID? How is it related to Key Figure Date? How can we define periodID for Key figures?

Regards,

Suprio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suprio,

Check the "Planning Levels" at which this KF is defined. I guess that Product - Customer.

1 - Check that the Time Profile has been assigned to this level

2 - Check that the root is defined for the lowest bucket (weekly in your case)

Best,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What does "Unable to validate that there are no overlapping periods for level  in the other rows" error means?

Following is the screenshot of my time profile data, rejection report and time profile config details.

Regards,

Suprio

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Period ID:1006 shouldn't the Period End be 2012-02-11?

There could be similar problem for other Period IDs

-Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Srikant,

Thanks Srikant for pointing out the error...At last the data has been uploaded successfully..I think the Parent ID is optional, cos I did not include parent ID while uploading the weekly data in time profile...I was getting repeated errors when I included parentID in the template....

Regards,

Suprio

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

Parent ID is required to be able to define a hierarchy.

Your Time Profile doesn`t consist only of weeks, you also have months and quarters. To be able to aggregate weeks to months or quarters, you would need to define the Parent Id as well.

Rgds

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Alecsandra,

I have tried to upload details as per hierarchy with highest first..ie I tried to upload quarter first(which was uploaded successfully) followed by month with ParentID=PeriodID of corresponding Quarter but I got the error "No first level found"...following screenshots will give you a hint of my data sets and the error I got.

Regards

Suprio

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

Could you try and load the full hierarchy in one csv?

Rgds

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

I will surely try out...and get back...

Regards

Suprio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

The consolidated time profile data has been uploaded successfully but I came across an erratic kind of an error while trying to upload the weekly key figure data. Following this the screenshot for the same.

Although all the 12 rows of my dataset has been uploaded successfully yet it is being shown that the dataset has been processed with error

Regards,

Suprio

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What does the initial problem report says?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Alecsandra,

The initial problem report mentioned the related problem to be "dberror" but we have got the issue resolved. There was some problem with visibility, so we had to contact the administrator and get it resolved.Thanks for pointing out that I missed describing the nature of the my time profiles. It really made my task easy.

Will like to ask a different question altogether now. While creating the time profile in in WebUI we are creating the levels, assigning it a description, and mentioning the "planning duration from" and "planning duration to", and also some attributes as per requirement. Again in template we are defining only the periodID, parentID, Start date and End Date. Nowhere did we mention how these excel datas are to be mapped with the configured time profile levels. My question is: How is the mapping of periodID(in excel) with Levels(in configuration in WebUI) taking place?

Regards,

Suprio

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suprio,

The time profile consists of non-overlapping buckets that have a defined duration given by PERIODSTART and  PERIODEND. These buckets (periods) are uniquely defined by a PERIODID that might be assigned to a PARENTID.

Coming to your error, it is generated because KEYFIGUREDATE is missing from the source or remained unmapped.  As you know, Key Figures are numbers over time so when you load KFs you must provide also the time period value where each kf value corresponds.

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Can you please elaborate with a simple example for the last sentence of your response?

Regards,

Suprio

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example you have ACTUALSQTY defined at PERPRODCUST bpl.  Time Profile is part of the BPL and has as root one of the time profile`s levels (e.g: monthly).

In order to load KF data, you must provide all the bpl`s key fields (root attributes): PRDID, CUSTID and KEYFIGUREDATE.

Add KFDATE into your source file, and you will get rid of the error.

Rgds,

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

I am providing you the screenshot from my end,

Please help

Regards,

Suprio

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you load data into Time Profile 31?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Initially I didn't had my time profile template filled with data. it seems that I had missed that completely. Thanks.

Can you please briefly explain,what PERIODID and PARENTID actually are? Are they anyway related to the declaration of levels during time profile configuration?

Regards

Suprio

0 Kudos

Kindly check the help document.

Section 5 talks about Time Profiles.

http://help.sap.com/download/ibp/ibp40_model_ref_en.pdf