cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip FIFO logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Need to configure  Logic for Skip FIFO during the picking strategies .

How do we configure it in the system , is there any standard available like BADI or should we configure it .

Thanks

Tapan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the response.

Exception codes BIDF ,DIFH , SKFD or SKFE is not having Skip Validation Field ( SKFD- Skip Current Validation Field ) .

Do I need to use  this internal process . (Current Validation Field )

Does this internal process skip the FIFO logic .

I have another exception which we need during picking for replinishment task .

During Picking their the systems is showing the stock but physically the material is not present .

Which exception code do we need to use for this scenario .

If the operator finds the material is physically not present and would like to enter the exception code and look for alternate bin for picking . Which exception code do we need to use .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand your requirement correctly you can resolve the proces sending the unpacked pallet into PI area using DIFW exception code. But perhaps you will need to create a new picking task at once.

In theory, you can try to copy BIDF into a new one and modify the configuration so it sends the difference into PI area. This exception code should create a new picking task with the same SRCI rules. While having the actual pallet in the PI area, another one should come up.

From PI area back to pickface should be a manual PI proces.

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr ,

Thanks for your response .

I was struggling with other issues and was not able to respond in time .

I did configure the according to your post  (BIDF )  and tried using it but it is not skip the fifo logic as I was excepting the system to suggest a different Bin for picking .

Which is not happening .

Skip Fifo is not working .

But the requirement , wherein the client want an exception code that will do a pick denial + replinishment of task .

This should create another task , wherein the system should suggest alternate bin for picking .

Please help .

I am attaching the screen shot for the same . where in i have used BIDF : Pick Denial + replinishment task .

Not sure if this is the correct configuration .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) regarding the  BIDF

please see my configuration

Confirmation on RF Gun

Source bin alternative

Differences alternative

For me the configuration is working either with Difference to Source Storage Bin and Difference to Difference Account. After confirmation on RF Gun, the system generates a new picking task for the NEXT bin, where the stock is. Actual qty is left on actual bin, or sent to Differences.

2) Regarding "+replenishment"

We tested this functionality previously, but the result was the same as you have and no further effort was devoted for this on our system. Maybe there is somebody else, who has experience with automatic replenishment for exception codes.

Hope this helps somehow.

Brgds.

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Skip FiFO Logic is working .

We have used Stock determination group and assigned the stock determination to warehouse Product .

Apart from that we made sure the warehouse control parameter is having replenishment storage type is F3,

Goods Issues process : Sort Field Reference is given as Score and then the GR date , here the system will check for valuation points and then the GR date .

After this we need to give the search sequence as f2 and f3 stock type with new stock removal rule .

I create a new stock removal rule ZFIF and then mapped to warehouse.

Configured the stock type with op - open pallets for stock removal .

During testing  the replenishment task triggered  F3 and then F2 stock type  .

Thank you all for your support on this .

There is no need to exception code to skip fifo strategy .

This can be achieved through standard configuration .

Thanks

Rohit .M

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you elaborate a little bit more what you want to do? You use FIFO and want use something else for certain cases? And what do you want to do then? It is all in the details...

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Thanks for the response .

Let me put more light on the issue.

During picking some of the pallets are open once through quality inspection .

The opened HU or pallets needs to be sent to production by skipping the FIFO Logic .

This is the client requirement , hope this gives more insight about the issue .

-Thanks

Tapan

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

but "opened" does not mean you reduce any quantity or so? How do you know which pallets have been opened?

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is during picking that means the original removal strategy must be preserved, correct? Then you can specifiy an exception code, which picker will use in case the HU must be opened.

You will find list in Cross-process Settings - Exception handling. Then you need to test which one will fit your requirement. You may consider BIDF, DIFH, SKFD or SKFE, or you can copy and adjust the settings if necessary.

Brgds,

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in spro Extended Warehouse Management - Goods Issue Process - Strategies - Specify Stock Removal Rule

You can specify one of 28 sort fields.

FIFO is to be considered with sorting field WDATU (Date of GR).

You can have also empty removal rule, but not sure what it would be good for.

For Storage type Search Sequence the stock removal rule is not even mandatory.

Petr