Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert Idoc to xml without any third party tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an integration to connect with datahub using HTTP External server connection there we want to convert Standard Idocs to Xml in Outbound and Inbound Process

Could anyone help me how to convert the idoc to xml without any thirdparty tool.

Message was edited by: Thea Hillenbrand: I deselected the category ABAP Trials and Developer Editions. This category should be used for ABAP Systems in the Cloud Appliance Library related contributions. Kind regards, Thea

9 REPLIES 9

amandeepdhir
0 Kudos

Check class cl_idoc_xml1.

former_member215575
Active Participant

XML port can be used to convert standard IDoc to XML file. Have you tried that?

Alternatively, Function Module 'OUT_IDOC_XML_TRANSFORM' can be used to download already generated IDoc to Desktop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your respose how can i add this function module in standard idoc outbound process.

0 Kudos

Before implementing custom logic by calling Function module, try to use XML port. Is there any constraint in doing so?

0 Kudos

Yes we are using Http External server RFC so we cannot create XML port

sudantha
Explorer
0 Kudos

CL_IDOC_XML1 is the best class for IDOC conversions

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the sap to data hub integration i want to send standard idoc in xml format for datahub as outbound and using port HTTP XML could please provide me the process how to send xml's to external system 

0 Kudos

Function module,  idoc_xml_display - converts the Idoc data to xml

Regards,

Suren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Directly HTTP XML will convert XML directly.