Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Transits Duration : Sales Order

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

The Issue is regarding, transits duration days at the sales order level as follow below,

Suppose the customer requested delivery date is on 24.02.2015 and for this transits duration is of 5 days. For this i have created route and transportation zone and same has been assigned in customer master. Till now everything is working fine. But now client requires that the date should also include holidays also. But in US saturday and sunday is holiday, so these dates are not in consideration.

My question is now . how to do these, so that even holidays dates can be calculated in transits duration.

Example : Total base on US Calendar.

2/24 is a Tuesday, this order needs to ship the Thursday prior (2/19)

Orders ships on 2/19

2/20 is 1 Day from 2/19

2/21 is 2 days from 2/19

2/22 is 3 days from 2/19 -----Holiday

2/23 is 4 days from 2/19 -----Holiday

2/24 is 5 days from 2/19

Second Example:

Transits Days procedure:

• 23.02.2015 “Monday” = Day 1
  • 22.02.2015 “Sunday” = Not Calculating ( US Holiday)
  • 21.02.2015 “Saturday” = Not Calculating ( US Holiday)
  • 20.02.2015 “Friday” = Day 2
  • 19.02.2015 “Thursday” = Day 3
  • 18.02.2015 “Wednesday” = Day 4
  • 17.02.2015 “Tuesday” = Day 5

Hope you will respond on this asap.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kundan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand the issue correctly, the client wishes not to consider the holidays/weekends only for the purpose of transit period. For the calendar assigned to the route, make sat and sun also as working days. Also, I believe, the goods receiving hours also needs to be maintained for Sat and Sun. Please test it and post the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan

As the transit time comes from the ROUTE code you should add the US calendar to the ROUTE code configuration as well. This will fix your issue. Once the ROUTE code is assigned system will consider those holidays as well while calculating the transit time.

Mark as helpful if it helps

Thanks

Vijay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

You need to assign the factory calendar for holidays at appropriate level for example plant, shipping point etc. With this system will plan the delivery as desired.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dgadae

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Thanks for the reply..

But it will going to affect Production planning also ? what what about this ?

Could you please justify more ...

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Kundan

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

When I said to use the factory calendar at appropriate level it means during the entire supply chain process the duration of each activity will be calculated accordingly. I am sure you must have factory calendar assigned for plan and which will take care of your production activity. when it comes to shipping factory calendar assigned to shipping point will be considered. You can also assign the calendar to a particular route.

Apart from that you also need to set up route schedule determination.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade