cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 Security Transport Protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering if someone from the product team that understands security transport protocols used in SMP could answer my question...

I would like to verify that all communications between SMP and the device doesn't work over any proprietary protocols (like Agentry does using the ANGEL protocol).

We need to ensure all traffic can be inspected through our firewall and with proprietary protocols this is not possible.

I found a old document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0a26401-c905-3110-ec9a-80c41edb0... which makes reference to the communication layer using a 'compressed & encrypted binary protocol' which we need to verify this doesn't used anything that is proprietary to SAP.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Starting SMP 3, the Agentry Applications connect to the SMP server by using a HTTPS Connection with Websockets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen, yes was aware of the move to Websockets for Agentry I was just using this as an example. Do you know the answer to my question at all or know someone who might?

Thanks, Kara

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason why a Websocket connection is used, is because the the connection is still ANGEL, but it has been wrapped in a HTTPS connection.  The Websocket connection is the ANGEL packets.  The encryption is now down by the certificate from the created for the SMP Server.