cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health check of SD Module

Former Member

D Friends,

Pl let me know some parameters to check how SD module is going on in any organization. I mean to say, are there any measurable parameters to check the health of SD Module. I've searched the forum but could not find any relevant help. Pl suggest. Obviously, I'm not pointing to IMG activity of checking organizational units in SD: Enterprise Structure--> Consistency Check--> Check enterprise structure for SD.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how SD module is going on in any organization

It depends on Business Process

are there any measurable parameters to check the health of SD Module

What do you mean by parameters and health ? 

You have been in SCN for quite a long time and you would have matured as a SCN member and know what to post and what not to post.   Please avoid asking such generic queries.   Please be clear SCN is ONLY to assist in your day today project related issues and not a training center.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

My Q has nothing to do with training. I only want to optimize SD functionalities. So I want some inputs. And you're absolutely right that it all depends on Business process.

Thanks.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the Auditing people who audit SAP Sales Cycle in system will be having a set of Parameters to cross check .

Is that your require?

Regards,

SRK

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

R,

One way to check "SD module going on in an organization" is to ask the users.

- How easy is it to retrieve key data?

- How easy is it to create the transaction data? For example, in a process where delivery is not needed but delivery needs to be created - this is an indication that SD is not efficiently working etc.

- Accuracy of data - Data created by interfaces etc. do they need manual corrections? Do IDOCS have to be reprocessed often? etc.

Basically, you have divide and have a detailed-scope and then it would be easier to take each piece and find the KPIs and then ask the relevant stakeholders for their inputs.

More important is what would you do after getting this valuable information?

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sgr,

An audit of the SD functions in your project will carry out the necessary checks on every activities performed in the company as well as processes followed in your SD module.

There are audit firms like E&Y, Deloitte etc..which do SAP audit.

Always an outside party or a special audit team should carry out this, as an internal consultant may not be able to find out the deficiencies and compare with the best practice in the industry

Regards

Jobi