Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to delete a dc from the configuration in the studio

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi experts ,

im deleted a dc directly in the DTR at dev- inactive work space  and now im trying to delete the same from the configuration at my studio , but im getting the below error can any one please help me to resolve the issue..

Error while getting component root folder: Could not get VFS folder item (DTR client returned null) for browsePath :/WDJADEV/****.com_MYCOMPONENTS/dev/inactive/DCs/****/prt_dev/****util/_comp/ (Could not get VFS folder item (DTR client returned null) for browsePath :/WDJADEV/****.com_MYCOMPONENTS/dev/inactive/DCs/****/prt_dev/****util/_comp/)

com.sap.tc.devconf.RepositoryAccessException: Error while getting component root folder: Could not get VFS folder item (DTR client returned null) for browsePath :/WDJADEV/****.com_MYCOMPONENTS/dev/inactive/DCs/****/prt_dev/****util/_comp/ (Could not get VFS folder item (DTR client returned null) for browsePath :/WDJADEV/****.com_MYCOMPONENTS/dev/inactive/DCs/****/prt_dev/****util/_comp/)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.dtr.DtrServiceAdapter.getVfsComponentRootFolder(DtrServiceAdapter.java:694)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DevelopmentComponentNode.getVfsComponentRootFolder(DevelopmentComponentNode.java:596)

at com.sap.ide.dii08.internal.commandz.RefreshChildrenCommand$1.caseDevelopmentComponent(RefreshChildrenCommand.java:365)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.model.internal.util.ComponentModelSwitch.doSwitch(ComponentModelSwitch.java:230)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.model.internal.util.ComponentModelSwitch.doSwitch(ComponentModelSwitch.java:144)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.model.internal.util.ComponentModelSwitch.doSwitch(ComponentModelSwitch.java:130)

at com.sap.ide.dii08.internal.commandz.RefreshChildrenCommand.execute(RefreshChildrenCommand.java:104)

at com.sap.ide.dii08.internal.service.CommandExecutor.executeInDevConfLock(CommandExecutor.java:34)

at com.sap.ide.dii08.internal.service.InternalDiiCommandService.refreshChildren(InternalDiiCommandService.java:630)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.views.browser.contentprovider.WaitingNodeProvider$RefreshInBackgroundAndThenExpand$2.run(WaitingNodeProvider.java:77)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Caused by: com.sap.tc.devconf.NoRemoteFolderItemException: Could not get VFS folder item (DTR client returned null) for browsePath :/WDJADEV/****.com_MYCOMPONENTS/dev/inactive/DCs/****/prt_dev/****util/_comp/

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.dtr.VFSHandler.getSubFolderFromVfsFolder(VFSHandler.java:803)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.dtr.DtrServiceAdapter.getVfsComponentRootFolder(DtrServiceAdapter.java:683)

... 10 more

Regards

Govardan Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

remove from os directly, don't bother nwds

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi jun wu,

can u please let me know how to delete that from the os directly ?

Regards

Govardan

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to the folder where the dc is located, and delete it

your local drive.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what I prefer using when I intend to delete a DC is the DC tool that has a command called deletedc.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30d8e1f6-a372-2b10-65af-8a366b91e...

NWDS is only a client that reflects actions going on server side. Meaning once you deleted a DC (and even if you do this on DTR webui still a delete-activity is created ...) you simply check-in, activate, release and import to cons. Normally there is no need to do any explicit deletion in NWDS or on filesystem. You only need to ensure that your client is in sync with the server as Hamendra pointed out.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goverdan,

I would recommend to delete the folders in your local workspace.

(Foldername with *.jdi ending) contains the NWDI managed things.

In addition to deleting the folders for SC and DC you'll also need to clean up the XML files ".confdef" and I always also delete the corresponding temp folder: workspace/tracknumber/t or tx/guid. just check the file contents you'll easily find out what is what.

(nwdi is a nightmare)

regards

Sven

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Goverdan,

As per my understanding, you have deleted a DC against any activity from NWDS. The best way will be that check in & release your activity and get the code again from NWDI.

Please update if we are not on same boat.

Thanks,

Hamendra

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi hamendra ,

Thanks for the reply , yes i have deleted a dc whose activity was not checked in and released , directly i deleted in the DTR workspace inactive workspace can you please let me know how to sort out the issue.. and also in the activity i reverted all the changes and deleted it to .. but still it is not getting deleted.

Regards

Govardan

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Goverdan,

Have you synced the code after this? Or delete the workspace and create the new one.

Plesae also search your activity to know it's status.

Thanks,

Hamendra

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi hamendra ,

i went to active workspace in the nwds ->development Perspective->inactivedcs-> here selected the dc and gave create project , as usuall im not able to edit this , coz we cant edit the dcs synced from the active workspace , coz in inactive workspace the dc is not available , so what im planning is to move the dc from active workspace to inactive workspace and then delete the dc step by step so that im not stuck any where.

Regards

Govardan