cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Wokflow/Message trigger on Completion of Operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

Is it possible to trigger a workflow/message automatically on completion of operation? If possible, can someone share an example or how-to-guide to do it.

We need to notify a user group with Order details when an operation is completed.

Thanks in advance!

-Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat

Core does not have the ability to directly create a message when an SFC completes, but you can do this in a couple of ways.

1) a routing script that calls the code to create a message. I have done this a few times and it works well, but unless you have access to the Java docs, this will be difficult. A Script also won't execute if there is only one exit path from your routing step - so you need to create a dummy path that does not get used.

2) Real Time Warnings generate messages (default is RTW_YIELD_RATE, but you can change this), so you could consider creating a warning if the yield is over 0%, i.e. for every SFC that passes (I've not tried setting an upper limit of 0%, so it may not work). This has to be defined for every Material/Operation/Resource combination, so it's a bit harder to maintain.

Stuart

Richa_Gupta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Well, which operation you are talking about here. Normally, workflows trigger automatically only on a standard event.

In general, if you want to automatically trigger the workflow, simply switch on event trace using SWELS and then run your transactions for operations and then check the event log in SWEL.

If there is an event found along with the workflow, then simply activate the workflow in SWDD and check if that standard workflow fulfills your business requirement.

If there is only event found and not the workflow, then you might need to create a custom workflow.

Now, here the question is, what is your requirement??? Why you want to trigger the workflow??? What do you mean by automatically triggering a message???

Richa