Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate ICo for different receivers with same sender and same IDOC type

former_member255627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I have onse sender system sending DESADV idoc to two different receivers. As of now using one Ico for the same and provinding two receivers in the receiver interfaces tab. But now I have to use two different Icos for each receiver.

Can we put something in the IDoc control record or sender IDoc CC or tRFC parameter?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Pushpa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpalatha

Generally, it is possible to have more than 1 ICO for the same sender system and sender interface, if you specify a virtual receiver.

In your particular case, when working with outbound IDocs, you can specify virtual receiver if your IDoc partner type is Customer (KU) or Vendor (LI).

This is a common approach for IDoc interfaces in a B2B scenario, and it is the correct design to prevent the issue you are facing - transport dependency issues on common objects.

If indeed your IDoc type is KU or LI, then you can create a party representing the receiver partner. In the party object, you can specify additional identifiers by adding the IDoc partner number - refer below.

Then use the party as a virtual receiver for the ICO.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa,

For a unique combination of sender system & sender interface, there can be only 1 ICO generated in the system.

If you need to have separate ICO's, then the sender interface should differ, which means you might have to extend the idoc for one of the receiver.

The ICO deployment in QA should not have any issues as such, unless you are adding a new receiver as part of the change.

Could you please share more information on the error/warning messages that you are seeing?

Regards,

Prajeet S Jain

former_member255627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prajeet,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I know that we can create only one ICO for same set of Sender system and sender message type.

we are using the same standard IDOC here for both flows.

we have not yet moved the object to QA, We want to isolate this from the other flow while moving to QA, so checking the feasability here.

Regards,

Pushpa

former_member255627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prajeet,

Here I am just checking a way to direct the same idoc to specific Ico from the backend system.

Regards,

Pushpa

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa

Why you want to use the two ICO? For one sender interface/IDOC and one sender component (Business system) you can only create one ICO.

regards,

Harish

former_member255627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for quick reply.

If we use the same ICo for two different receivers components( belong to two different scenarios), we are facing problem to move the Ico to quality environment as we can not depend on the transport schedule of the other receiver component.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa,

I would suggest to remove the receiver which you do not want to transport from Dev then activate the ICO and transport. Then again add the receiver.

regards,

Harish