cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle12 Ora-942 Table or view does not exist

0 Kudos

Hi  We are running Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 and are testing with Oracle 12c.  We connect to Oracle directly from the Crystal Report, not from Visual Studio.   We are connecting with Oracle Client (have tried v.11 and v.12).  When trying to generate the report we get an Ora-942 Table or view does not exist.  We are calling an Oracle Package which contains procedures.  This DOES work successfully when connecting to Oracle 11g, but is NOT working with Oracle 12c.  Has anyone experienced or resolved this same issue?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markdavies4
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Tony,

I'm a bit late to see your question, but it still looks unanswered. I think you're possibly seeing the same problem I did. Have a read of this: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3707944

We were (and are) using Crystal 2008 but we observed the problem in 2013 as well.

Thanks,

Stephen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tony.

I am not familiar with Crystal Report, but one thing is obvious here. There are structural differences between 11g and 12c. This is the explanation for ORA-00942. Can you please let me know the relevant SQL Statement or object that is missing? So I can give you a much more specific answer.

Just a remark. Please check if 12c is released for Crystak Report. Generally, Oracle 12c is not yet released by SAP.

Regards,

János

0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your response.  Any SQL in a procedure or
package gives the error.  If we do a query we do not get the Ora-942
error.

We are able to run the Package/procedures directly on Oracle.  It seems that Crystal or the driver

(crdb_oracle.dllk) does NOT recognize the new structure in Oracle 12c.

Any query gives the error, for example: select * from dual; will
give the error. 

Thanks,

Tony