cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job to copy value from one condition to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you think it is possible to set up a job that will copy value from one price condition to another every night?

Let me give a short overview of the business process. We have a US warehouse where we store goods from Europe and other countries (intercompany process) . Sometimes we transfer these goods from US warehouse to Canada using STO in SAP. After STO we create delivery and proforma invoice.

Here is the problem. In this proforma invoice we have to show European price when we purchased goods in intercompany flow.

I assigned to this proforma invoice the same price procedure that we use for intercompany processes. However since in proforma invoice we have different organizational units , the intercompany price will not come up (different sales organization, etc).

Therefore I think the solution might be a job that will copy every night all pricing for materials from international price condition to the condition I use in proforma invoice.

Any inputs are highly appreciate.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eventually we decided to use a user exit where we replacing sales organization and other parameters. In this way we can get the prices we needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

However Navaneetha Krishnan suggestion will not work.To search for incoming invoices looks like more difficult solution for us.

I will reply on TW Typewriter questions:

For USA, in the price condition record why don't you maintain the Europe price manually?

It is a lot of manual work. We have more than 5000 materials in the European condition. So someone in USA needs to maintain this 5000 material prices in condition simply copying it . Another problem is that Europe prices are subject of frequent changes. So this guy needs to check it daily.

Also, what are the fields in the condition table (for Europe price)?

Sales organization / Market Channel / Material.

So the problem is here that in my proforma invoice I have sales organization = 0005 however European condition is maintained with Sales Organization = 0009.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhargal,

Please make use of 'RefConType' & 'RefApplicatio' in 'Master Data' section in V/06. This should resolve your issue without any job.

Kindly reply back with your feedback.

Regards

SD

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zhargal,

The goods flow:

Europe to USA then to Canada

When goods are transferred from USA to Canada, you want the European price of the product. For USA, in the price condition record why don't you maintain the Europe price manually?

Also, what are the fields in the condition table (for Europe price)?

TW

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Zhargai,

You procure materials using purchasing process. The incoming invoice has the price in a condition type say PR01

Now you sell to customer using a sales order. You want the SO to have the price equal to PR01 for the condition type say PR02

I hope this is the requirement.

If so, you can just enable it through a condition value routine in sales order with no need for a job.

You can have a condition value routine assigned to the condition type PR02. The routine should find the relevant PO (which you can maintain in the PO number field of sales order) and find the relevant incoming invoice of that PO. From this invoice the routine can take the value of PR01 and update it as the value of PR02 in the sales order.

However there are complications. If the PO quantity and SO quantity are different, then there is possibility of multiple scenarios and you need to decide which PO should be copied from.

Otherwise if you want to update PR02 with a value in condition record, you need a write a program to find the latest incoming invoice for the material and get the value of PR01 to update that value as PR02 value in condition record. You can set this program as a job to run once a day so that the latest price is always updated.

Hope this helps.