cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File on Microsoft Sharepoint as a Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have an Excel file on Share point which is updated on a weekly basis.Currently, we are downloading this file to a shared folder and using this as a source. Is there a way to connect to Sharepoint directly and read the excel file directly from Sharepoint and avoid the manual step of downloading to a shared folder?

Regards,

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor

I have no experience in accessing Share point with DS; this may give you some hint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Magesh. Will look into this.

-Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Recently we have worked on the same scenario where the file will be place in sharepoint and DS has to pick it up as Source.

The work around we did is created a script that will download the file from Sharepoint and place it in the jobserver folder . From that jobserver folder DS will fetch the file as source.

The code for downloading file can be done in many third party languages , we used powershell language as it is having predefined code and we do not have to go through more installations as powershell is default in windows . The script will contain only four lines of code.

Thanks

Phaneendranadh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Phaneendranadh K,

Even am facing the same scenario, could you please provide me the the code or script , how to download the file in job server

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Taeket
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am trying to do the exact same thing. Just to download the file from Sharepoing,   I have tried to run the following script with PowerShell and Windows scheduler. (I followed these steps)

It got the message "success" from the Scheduler, but the file was not there.

--------------------------------------------

$fromfile = "<URL/file.xls"

$tofile = "c:\folder\testfile.xls"

$webclient = New-Object System.Net.WebClient

$webclient.UseDefaultCredentials = $true

#  or

# $webclient.Credentials = …

$webclient.DownloadFile($fromfile, $tofile)

------------------------------------------------

Anyone an idea on what could be wrong?

severin_thelen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Chaitanya,

I have never do something like this, but we use MS SP as platform in our company. So I know that you could access the files on the MS SP over the file system. Therefore it should be possible to access the file system on the MS SP directly.

The path should look something like this:

\\server domain@SSL\folder1\...\subfolderN\docname

In the MS SP at the tab libary you could open the folder about the filesystem (you have to use IE). There you can get the exact path.

Regards

Severin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

-Chaitanya