cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am in PLM implementation project. I have a reqt in content server.

All the DMS users are connected to a single server but geographically located at different locations. To avoid the traffic, some of the local unit related documents has to be stored in their local content server. But Users should have the option of saving the original in Centralized content server or local Content server depends on the reqt.

For eg. users in Location-1 can store only in his local server and central server. Similarly users in Location-2 can store only in his local server and central content server not in location-1's local server.

As we know that it is possible, which is the optimum way to configure this?.

Waiting for a prompt reply to award points,

Prasanna raghav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Partially your requirement can be met by configuration steps in DMS configuration .

you can make a stoarge category automatically defaulted to a particular user . This means whenever a user checks in an original , system check it to a local server automatically (based on the configuration ) but cannot check in it to a central server for a given condition automatically .

in simple words only one storage category for ws application type can be defaulted for automatic checking and for a choice of storage ares,,,user needs to do it manually

Spro--> Cross Application components --> Document Management > General data>Define Profile

Here is a suggestion though,,,,,for distributed content....

I havent see any requmnt of openeing and "editing "originals and sharing between global locations very frequently ,,,even if it is true those might be smaller files . So if its Displaying the files between global locations , then deploying cache servers is the solution

Cheers!!

Satya.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is configured in the profiles section of DMS configuration. You can default the content server for a particular group of users based on authorisation role and default that for a particular application and role the document is stored in a predefined content server, This is the same area used to default mass processes in CV04N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

You need to define the logical repositories, these makes it possible to access different physical repositories by means of client & system ID,

Logical repositories are maintained in OAC0,

there is another way you can control it, You can activate the URL signatures and use digital signature concept, so that the content server can check the signatures, each SAP system wanting to use repositories must send the public key in the form of a certificate to the content server.Each certificate must be activated separately and the signature check for the relevant repositories must be activated

on explicitly. These settings can be made in CSADMIN.

I have sent some of the document to your email id (rprasannahsr@hotmail.com)

Regards

Rehman