cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Search Task / Project by Responsible Role? SAP PPM 5.0 Project Management

ladinca
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our Customer's requirement is to have the possibility to change the standard Search function, so that a user can search for Projects/Tasks by Responsible Role

For example:

Search for all the Projects/Tasks assigned to the Role "Master Data Manager Italy"

and the expected result is a list of tasks like the following:

Sort Number     Name         Role        Path

00010      Request FG Code       Master Data Manager Italy  Demo Project >Finish Good
00020      Attach Image for FG Code      Master Data Manager Italy  Demo Project >Finish Good
00030      Approve Final Graphic       Master Data Manager Italy  Demo Project >Finish Good

I see that in the Search screen there is a Search Field.
I had a look to the User Guide and Application Help; but I did not find anything useful about this "Search Field".

How can I customize it to meet Customer's requirement?

Cheers.
Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

it can not be customized, rather it has to be developed.  And I suppose, it would be NOT very easy to do it.

The first question you would face is how to set up the field of role in the search.  Will you use the role ID  or text description of role as search criterien.  Both are not unique.

Using the input for the role, the first thing is to find out the role guid (or guids). the using the role guid(s)  to get the assigned tasks. Report dpr_get_tree should give you some details about the involved tables (mainly it is the table dpr_entity_link).

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

ladinca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Thank you for you answer.

We thought to apply a workaround, using the Search Field in the tab Additional Data of Project's Tasks.

We have already performed a change on a BADI, to have Roles copied from the Template when using the Include Function on the Project to create Phases. We shall change the same BADI to copy the assigned Role into the Search FIeld, too.

Cheers.

Laura

Answers (0)