Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Separate Database Fields embedded in a Text Object

I found this link: that discusses how to embed database fields into a text object.  However, I have been unsuccessful in locating instructions on how to 'undo' this once the report has been saved.

Once the report is saved, I can double click the text field containing the multiple objects and format the text.  However, I now want to separate these fields out onto the report rather than embed them in a text field.  I can select Copy and Cut, but Crystal does not enable the Paste feature when I try to put the field back on the report.

I want to keep the formatting (bold, italic, font size, etc.) already set for the fonts for these fields I have embedded.  Therefore, I do not want to just delete the field out of the text object and reselect it from database fields.

Is there a way to move these database fields out of the embedded text field and back onto the report (keeping its formatting) without having to delete, reselect from database fields and reformat?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to 'extract' that database field nor is there a way to apply the same formatting on another database field.

A text object's formatting can only be applied to another text object.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question