Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg scipts n smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Cud u pls let me know

1. the differences between scripts and smartforms..???

2. differences between standard text and text module in smartforms???

3. how do u upload graphics(logos) in smartforms?

Its really very urgent.

Thanx in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to download/upload text (possibly long texts) that a Smartforms uses?. We have already download the Smartform itself to an XML file and then loaded the Smartform back into another SAP system using the Upload option. However, none of the foreign texts exist, so I ecpect I'll need to download them. Is this someting that can be done using the Text module option in tranx Smartforms, or is there another method?. We can use the transport method as the two SAP systems are not linked in any way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The Following are the differences :-

a) Multiple page formats are possible in smartforms which is not the case in SAPScripts

(like For the same form u can have one page with Landscape orientation and 2nd page with portrait orientation which is not available with scripts...)

b) It is possible to have a smartform without a main window.

c) Labels cannot be created in smartforms.

d) Routines can be written in smartforms tool.

e) Smartforms generates a function module when activated.

( Here u need to use the function module (thats been generated when u have activated the smart form) to call the smart form in your print program )

f) Here u can give colors to windows , texts , window edges .... which is not possible with scripts !!!

g) Unlike sapscripts (RSTXSCRP), you cannot upload/download Smartform to your local harddisk.

It was said that it was provided in CRM 3.0 version, but not available in R/3. You can download smartforms into Local PC in a XML format. In the same way you can upload this XML format into Smartform. From the smartform editor itself you can call download option, if you are working in CRM 3.0 environment.

In R3 also, you can download into XML format. However, it's not sure about uploading. Refer to the program 'SF_XSF_DEMO'.

In 4.7 Enterprise, other have seen this utlity which is completey missing in 4.6c. There is functionality to downlaod a complete form or only a particular node. (Utilities -> Download form). It will create a XML file

h) The most important one is these smart forms are CLIENT INDEPENDENT

2. Text module (an encapsulated text) can be reused in several forms, whereas Standard text can be used in any form any number of times by calling its name, once it is released.

3. Use the SE78 T Code to upload graphics .

Hope this resolves your query.

Reward all the helpful answers.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Differences between Scripts & Smart forms:

(i)Scripts are client-dependent but Smart forms are client Independent

(ii) We can have mutliple page formats in smartforms whereas it is not possible in case of scripts.

(iii) It is possible to have a smartform without a main window

(iv) Labels cannot be created in smartforms

2. Differences between standard text & text module in smart forms:

Text module (an encapsulated text) can be reused in several forms.

3. Uploading graphics in smartforms:

Step(i) To create the graphic node, call the context menu for that node in the tree structure and choose create->graphic

Step (ii) Enter a name for the node and the description

Step (iii) On the general attributes determine whether a coloured or a black and white

Step(iv) Use the fields object, id and name to identify the graphic

Hope your questions are answered.

Reward if you find the answer helpful.

Regards

Sayee