SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Maintenance clearing issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Could you please help me on this issue urgently.I am stucked in my work.

My requirement is – If there are some open debit charges and invoices in an account .When payment posted on account it should first clear the invoice line items .

The intent of these changes is to make sure that main 0006 is cleared after mains 0100 and 0150. The only inconsistency I see here is the due date.

I have made SPRO configuration change for this.

Configuration change has been in following path.

SPRO Node: Financial Accounting  Contract Accounts Receivables and Payable  Basic Functions  Open Item Management  Clearing Control  Clearing Variants  Define Clearing Variants

The following changes need to be taken into effect:

1.   Removal of main 0006 from grouping and clearing strings for the following variants and sequences:
    1.   Variant AM2 Acct Maintenance New
      1. Sequence: 50, 70, 95, & 97

2.   Variant AM3 Acct Maintenance New-Collective
      1. Sequence: 50, 70, 95, & 97

3.   Variant PA2 Payment Clearing new
      1. Sequence: 50 & 95

4.   Variant Z47 All Invoicing Except Final (New)
      1. Sequence: 40, 50, 80,  & 90

It is working fine when payment posted on account the only problem is with Account Maintance T-Code FP06 (when Create proposal is checked .

It is also working as expected when due dates of invoice are in past but this is not working when due dates are in the future dated . as per requirement is it should

•   Clear overdue periodic bills first
  •   Clear any other overdue charges next
  •   If there is any residual then also clear future dated receivables invoice

Scenario #1

Payment posted on account which is more than overdue receivables amount to verify how SAP will clear residual amount

System proposed to clear all overdue receivables, part of periodic bill, and EE charges

Scenario # 2 :- Checked the same account maintance when due dates of invoices are in the past.

Posted Check payment on the account to verify if check payment behavious differently

Here, Due dates are in past and this is working as expected .

Many Thanks,

Gyanendra

4 REPLIES 4

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gyanendra,

Your requirement is payments/credits should clear the invoice charges first before clearing the miscellaneous charges regardless of the due dates right ?

In your clearing variant say there should be three steps

First step  grouping string should be based on transaction 003 and in grouping rule give all sorts of credits and payments on account

Second step grouping string should be based on transaction 003 and in grouping rule give invoicing transactions and group should be 2

Third step Grouping string should be based on transaction 003 and in grouping rule give miscellaneous trnasactions and group should be 3

thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your update.

Could you please provide the path in SPRO where I can apply this . I have attached two screenshot for your reference. I have done changes in following path.

SPRO Node: Financial Accounting  Contract Accounts Receivables and Payable  Basic Functions  Open Item Management  Clearing Control  Clearing Variants  Define Clearing Variants

Many Thanks,

Gyanendra

0 Kudos

Hi Gyanendra,

Create a Clearing Variant first in Spro Config-

SPRO-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts A/R & A&P--->basic functions--->Open Item Mgmt-->Clearing Control-->Define Clearing Variants

In the first step

Grouping String Should be 004-Main Tr and group rule should be 3 and then assign the main transaction value as 0060.

In the Second Step

Grouping String should be 004-Main Tr and Group rule should be 3 and in there assign the main transaction value as 0100

Sorting String should be 010-Due Date and there will be no rank and no tick on sort field.

In the Third Step

Grouping String should be blank and Sorting string will be 010-Due Date.

Assign this variant in the following Config--

SPRO-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts A/R &A/P-->Basic Functions-->Open Item mgmt.-->Clearing Control-->Define Specification for Clearing Types-->Define Defaults for Account Maintenance

Assign the clearing variant to Clearing type 03 and 04.

Thanks

AB

0 Kudos

see if this works

thanks

vikram