cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA PAL - Predict with Tree Model PAL_DT_SCORING_TREEMODEL_TBL Example does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellow developers,

I’m currently confronted with an error within the Predictive Analysis Library.

I have used the example code to create a model for the decision tree model C4.5, which worked without a problem.

Next I wanted to use that model on a new data set, again using the example code for “Prediction with Tree Model”.

It seems to work until the very end, when I’m trying to call the function “PAL_DT_SCORING_PROC”. I’m getting an error message saying:

“Could not execute 'CALL "MySchema".PAL_DT_SCORING_PROC(PAL_DT_SCORING_DATA_TBL, #PAL_CONTROL_TBL, ...'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [259]: invalid table name:  Could not find table/view PAL_DT_SCORING_TREEMODEL_TBL in schema MySchema”

Since I didn’t change anything in the code except for my schema name, what could the error here be?

I understand that the input table simply doesn’t exist, so I’ve tried inserting the table name of the result table for the PMML format, as this is the format set for the control table. However I get a new message with the following content:

“Could not execute 'CALL " MySchema ".PAL_DT_SCORING_PROC(PAL_DT_SCORING_DATA_TBL, #PAL_CONTROL_TBL, ...' in 15 ms 997 µs .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [260]: invalid column name:  [260] invalid column name: TREEMODEL: line 1 col 15 (at pos 14)Please check lines:  “

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a solution. This seems to be a typo in the PAL-Documentation. The Scoring Result Table has a column called "TREEMODEL", which should be named "TREE_MODEL".

Answers (0)