cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defaulting values in complex table drop down fields based on the value selected in other complex table drop down field

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on Work Manger 5.3 Application.There is tab to add standalone Notifications and related items from Device(iPad).In the Notification Item add screen, there are three fields damage,part and cause.These three field type are Complex table drop down(damage-code group,part-catalog profile,cause-catalog profile complex tables are mapped).Now if i select a value from damage field, that value should be defaulted in to part and cause fields as well .That means the cause and part group will contain the values selected in the damage field.But the user should also be given an option to change the values in part and cause field.If they want to edit the defaulted values in cause and part,drop down should be available to them.

I have tried with update rules for the fields but no luck.Please clarify can this be achieved. The Agentry Client version is 6.0.50.1.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi ,

You can't have it both ways.  When you set up a cascading index relationship between CT fields on a screen, you are limited to the values that are appropriate for the chosen parents depending on the table data.

Assume the following data:

Damage: RUST

Part: FENDER

Cause: WATER

If user picks RUST for Damage, then Part will set to FENDER and Cause will set to WATER.  These are the only possible options because of the way the data is structured.

Now, assume this data:

RUST, FENDER, WATER

RUST, DOOR, WATER

RUST, FENDER, OXYGEN

RUST, DOOR, OXYGEN

Now RUST for Damage will not default a value for Part.  Possible options will be FENDER and DOOR because both those Parts have a parent of RUST for Damage.  Once Part is selected, Cause will not default because there are two possible options for each Part.

If you don't want the lists to be limited by a parent, then make top level indexes for each property: Damage, Part and Cause.  Then point the complex table fields to those top level indexes and do not specify a cascade parent.  The full list will be available for each field.  Update rules can be used at any time to set a field value to one that exists in the indexed list.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.I have defined complex table drop down for these three fields.I have populated full list to all the three fields and written an update rule.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi ,

Please mark this thread as answered.  Thanks!

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (0)