cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send Crystal Report to Crystal Server?

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a little problem or maybe there is no problem at all - I can't tell yet.

We have installed Crystal Server 2013 on one machine and Crystal Reports 2013 on another machine. Is there a way to publish/export/send/upload a finished report to Crystal Server? What I have been able to do this far is create a report in crystal reports and then upload it to Crystal Server manually by placing the report into a folder on Crystal Server? Isn't there a simpler or better option?

I've also used SAP Lumira with Lumira Server for Teams and it allows simply to publish your report to the server. Crystal Reports 2013 seems to lack this kind of functionality at first glance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rauno,

Go to File > Save As > Select 'Enterprise' from the Left > Log on to the Repository using your Enterprise credentials.

-Abhilash

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried that but I guess I can't get the address of repository right. I'm using "mysystem:8080/BOE/BI". This however doesn't seem to work.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try:

Mysystem:6400

-Abhilash

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Tried that a while ago but to no avail. Then decided to open port 6400.

Now I get this error: Transport error: Communication failure (FWM 00001).

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I searched for the error and found these threads:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3342398

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3317220

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1116517

See if the suggestions in these threads help.

-Abhilash

0 Kudos

Hi Rauno,

From the BOE Server install you have an option to install the Client Tools on your Work Station. Try installing those, then you can try connecting to the BOE Server using InfoView. If that doesn't work then talk to your BOE Administrator to debug connection and firewall issues.

Don

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Although I opened port range 6400-6490 from my firewall it turned out that CMS assigned different servers ports that were out of this range. So I manually assigned all servers ports that were in this range and I got around this error by doing that.

However now a new error surfaced . "Failed to find an available Report Application Server". I disabled firewall to make sure that this could cause it and the error still appeared. I haven't renamed the Report Application Server that exists in Crystal Server and have ran out of ideas. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi Rauno,

I believe the Administrators Guide has steps on how to configure Ports and Firewalls etc...

Don

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

I've read this document and done everything that's needed however the connection still fails. I opened netstat to see which connection fails and saw that a connection to AdaptiveProcessingServer received status SYN_SENT which I guess means that connection timed out. This server sits on port 6431 and this port is open in Windows Firewall.

I also installed Crystal Reports 2013 to the same machine that hosts the Crystal Server 2013 and tried to upload a report from there and it succeeded. I already tried disabling firewall to see if this causes the problems and since the error still came up it doesn't seem to be a problem caused by firewall.

I've tried everything I could think of and would really like some "out of the box" advice to get around or solve this problem.

rauno_veberson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Finally found a solution to the problem. Somehow two of the servers in Crystal Server had their addresses incorrectly assigned. For example Crystal Reports 2013 tried to connect Adaptive Processing Server (APS) on private IP (the local IP given for local networking). However from outside the local network this connection timed out because no such IP could be found. I assigned this server a Hostname instead (somehow all the other servers already had Hostname) and everything started working correctly. The only downside to this solution is that every user has to manually add this Hostname and public IP to etc/hosts file.

Answers (0)