Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to send Crystal Report to Crystal Server?

I have a little problem or maybe there is no problem at all - I can't tell yet.

We have installed Crystal Server 2013 on one machine and Crystal Reports 2013 on another machine. Is there a way to publish/export/send/upload a finished report to Crystal Server? What I have been able to do this far is create a report in crystal reports and then upload it to Crystal Server manually by placing the report into a folder on Crystal Server? Isn't there a simpler or better option?

I've also used SAP Lumira with Lumira Server for Teams and it allows simply to publish your report to the server. Crystal Reports 2013 seems to lack this kind of functionality at first glance.

Finally found a solution to the problem. Somehow two of the servers in Crystal Server had their addresses incorrectly assigned. For example Crystal Reports 2013 tried to connect Adaptive Processing Server (APS) on private IP (the local IP given for local networking). However from outside the local network this connection timed out because no such IP could be found. I assigned this server a Hostname instead (somehow all the other servers already had Hostname) and everything started working correctly. The only downside to this solution is that every user has to manually add this Hostname and public IP to etc/hosts file.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question