cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Mode Configuration(RZ04) in SAP...

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to All,

I created two operation modes: Evening & Fortnightly.I assigned job also to these operation modes.

Now i want to see the log to check whether the assigned job is finished or not.

From where we can see the detail log.?

Please guide me..??

Regards,

JUNAID AHMAD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>>I created two operation modes: Evening & Fortnightly.I assigned job also to these operation modes.<<

You cannot assign jobs to operation modes. Operation modes are used to adapt the work processes for a specific time frame. Let's say you want more batch work processes from 7 PM until 6 AM. So you will create an operation mode and configure it. If this is not the case then are you talking about the Server Group for Background Processing?

Cheers

RB

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I read this article :-

"When switching operation modes, the R/3 work processes are automatically redistributed,

without stopping and restarting the instance. Only the work process type changes. For

example, a work process used as a dialog process can be switched for use as a background

process. The total number of work process remains the same.

The new process type is not activated until the process is free, which means that a process

may not be immediately switched. Instead, it is set for switching at the earliest possible

time. For example, if all background processes to be switched to dialog processes still have

jobs running, the processes are individually switched when the jobs are completed.

Processing is not interrupted and normal system operation continues uninterrupted during

the operation mode switch.

Operation mode switches are recorded in the system log. The old process type and the new

process type are recorded for each switched work process.

:K\

A batch job runs"

My question is: if i schedule two back ground jobs at night(timing : Job A-10:30 PM-1:30 AM & Job B-2:00 AM-4:30 AM).

Suppose if Job A does not completed in the above mentioned time frame,then what system does.It didn't start Job B until Job A completes.If this happens the what is the use of Operation mode and its job scheduling.

If this not happens Job A not completed in the time frame,Job B starts at its given time .

What will SAP system do in this scenario.

Please guide me ...

Regards,

JUNAID

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid ,

Believe your could still read and understand on the operation modes .

. Normally Operation modes are used to   effectively use the dialog work process that are mostly not used in the night  .As for  your question  ,  the main job runs under any/ group or  background workprocess , you operation mode ( increased background wp ( say 5+ ) in Night  ) and you schedule the switch at 2:00 AM , 5 new background work process are created  from dialog ( it is untilized as it is night  and your first job is running under background ) hence your second job will run .

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can we assign background jobs to all programs.?

I have to assign background jobs for :

TCode : /N/AFS/MD04

Program : SAPMM61R

This job is not scheduled to some reason.I am unable to understand why..??

Please guide me..

Regards,

JUNAID

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid ,

The New query is no way related to  the starting One . Please close the thread if your initial query is answered and raise your new query  ( if not related ) in an new thread

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok...I will do the same.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

JUNAID

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Again, you do not add a background process to a report. You either run a transaction or report in the Dialog mode or in the background mode and based on the execution method the relevant work process type will take over the transaction execution.

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid ,

Sorry ,didnt understand  by what you meant by "I assigned job also to these operation modes" .

A manual switch of operation modes can be done from RZ03  and the details can be found in SM21  and work process traces .

A time table can be mainained in  transaction SM63 . If you have done that  at the time of switch details  can be found from SM21 / work process traces

Thanks ,

Manu