Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction timeout error in 14.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on MII 14.0 SP05.

One of my transactions deals with a huge volume of data due to which I get a time out error while executing the transaction in workbench and a NULL alert when I run it from my UI page.

I checked running the SQL package in the source system, though it takes around 30 mins but gets executed successfully.

Through UI I get the NULL alert exactly after 10 min.

I did following:

Increased 'Read Time Out' and 'Connection Time Out' to 3000 by going into Help --> Settings in workbench

Increased time out variable of my data server

Increased response time out in my SQL query action block

Added ExecutionTimeout global variable

All these things were of no help to my issue.

Need inputs to get this resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

Do you really want the user to wait for 30 minutes to get a response from your UI. Ideally you should look into reducing the response time.

The parameter which can help you increase timeout is PROCTIMEOUT. Details are mentioned in this link:

Timeout Options for ICM and Web Dispatcher - Internet Communication Manager (ICM) - SAP Library

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

The package connects to different systems internally, that is why it takes a long time for its execution and as of now we don't see any possibility of optimizing the interface.

I will ask my basis team to go through the link you have given and update parameters accordingly and will update here.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree,

Increasing PROCTIMEOUT did help us but the process is taking too much time for the execution and that is why we are now working on connectivity issue with the DB.

Thanks for your help.

Warm Regards,

Anuj

Answers (0)