cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message type_X while creating time series object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I get this error "ABAP PROCESSOR : MESSAGE TYPE X" when I am creating time series object in planning area.

I have tried all consistency checks. Checked version 000 is active. When checked this error ST22 it showed me message class "DBMAN" Message no. 257. Later I Checked in SE91 with relative messsage class and no. it give me description as " SQL error : &1"

I am unable to initialize the planning area because I am unable to create time series object.

Please help!!!

Thanks,

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I think that you have to review the alignment of characteristics & key figures from Info Cube, POS and PA.

First please delete all CVC and then de-activate your PA and POS.

Please perform the check steps: 

1. Check IC - characteristics, time (e.g.calendar month) and key figure. Check if activated!

2. Check periodicity (DP storage bucket profile) - same calendar as in IC (e.g. months)

3. Check POS - same characteristics as in IC. Check if activated!

4. Check PA - same periodicity created at step2, unit of measure (important), key figures as in IC. Check if activated!

5. Check CVC - based on POS create new CVC with option adjust time series immediately.

- based on IC generate CVC with option adjust time series. The dates = periodicity.

6. Create PA time series - start date, end date have to be equal with the CVC dates.  

Hope that can help you.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Thanks for reply & sorry for late reply.

I have checked all the key figure and characteristics are in active mode. My planning area is already inactive and I am unable to deactivate my MPOS it throws same error when i tried to deactivate MPOS. I deleted all CVCs and tried to create in MC62 without that indicator 'adjust time series object' because when I am selecting that indicator same error occurred.

To add to this error i have also tried to find root cause via ST22 transaction and debug the program which is throwing this error but it's showing some SQL error is throwing this message.

I have raised an OSS note against it. Meanwhile If someone has any clue about this error please share.

Thanks,

Ankit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is resolved by SAP. resolution not provided. But thanks to all for helping me for this issue.

Closing this thread.

Thanks,

Ankit

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Aslo check if this note helps..

2026104 - High Memory Consumption in Planning Area
Initialization

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mariano,

The SAP note you gave me is for SNP planning area initialization for parallel processing. We are not using parallel processing. It's just DP planning area.

Thanks,

Ankit

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Do you have created at least one CVC in the PLOB prior to trying to initialize the planning area?

It might be the cause for the short dump.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxence,

Thanks for reply!!!

CVC's are already created. I can see CVC's are present when i give selection and click on no. of combination button in MC62 it showed me 64K CVC present, however when i tried to display them i got this short dump again with same message type X.

Please help!!!

Thanks,

Ankit

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Try executing report /sapapo/ts_pstru_cons_check.
Then try re-activating the MPOS.
If this still does not work, try de-activating and re-activating of the MPOS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

I am unable to execute the MPOS consistency check it's throwing the same error. I tried deactivation of MPOS but the same MESSAGE TYPE X appears.

Kindly suggest any note if applicable please.

Thanks,

Ankit

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I would try by deleting all the CVCs and creating just one or two CVCs and then run the consistency checks. If by doing this, you don't have the error, I would review the CVCs and load them again.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

You said that you have already tried all consistency check.. Just in case, have you run these:

- SE38: /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK

- SE38: /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK

- /SAPAPO/OM17

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for replying.

Yes when i tried this consistency check it gives error "no planning version for planning area XXX"

When i tried to create planning version planning area -->create time series object-->gave version in version field-->selects dates within storage bucket profile-->execute  it goes in short dump

Thanks,

Ankit