Did you mean: 

Batch Search for SD / WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need your help to create a batch search based on the following requirements:

- Batch search for Finished Goods

- Remaining Shelf Life > 60 days per customer and material

- The warehouse is WM managed so the batch search needs to take into consideration the BIN. It is very important because the BINs in the warehouse can contain many pallets with different batches.

The problem I am facing is due to the fact that in 1 BIN there are for instance 20 different batches and the system cannot propose a batch that is in the middle of the BIN which would force the forklift driver to unload the BIN, move pallets from one side to another, look for the correct pallet which contains the batch proposed by the system.

In fact the batch search should propose only the BIN which contains the pallet with the remaining shelf life required.

I am not sure if the Batch Search is the best solution here or maybe something more WM specific. I think the remaining shelf life can also be maintained at WM level but I am not sure how it works.

Any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bin characteristic which you mentioned it looks like you have the Bulk storage hence i don't think that Batch search will be a good option as system can propose the batch based on SLED however it is not necessary that the pallet of same batch is in front line hence either you need to revisit your physical storage pattern of stock (same material + batch in one lane) to activate the Batch search which you mentioned or ignore the batch search with the existing physical storage pattern

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish for your input.

You are correct on your explanation. I also investigated an User Exit "USEREXIT_BATCH_DETERMINATION" where I think I could create such kind of logic to take into consideration the content of the BINs.

In addition on what I mentioned in my previous post, all pallets with different batches in the same BIN have the same Expire Date so if the User Exit reads the content of the BIN then instead of proposing the batch it could just propose the BIN so the forklift driver could take the very first pallet available no matter the batch number.

Experts, more inputs?

Thanks.

Answers (0)