cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Item Partner with ILN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm processing an ORDERS05 idoc and trying to determine a customer partner function at item level using the ILN. I've populated E1EDPA1 with just the partner function and populated sub segment E1EDPA3 with the 001 qualifier and the customers ILN in STDPN. The relevant customer master I'm trying to determine has been updated with the ILN.

However, when I process the idoc, the item partner is not added to the sales order. Am I missing something else or is this not possible at item level. I can use EDPAR to determine the item partner but wanted to remove the need to maintain data in two places.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Not that I understood all your problem. What is ILN? Could you please go to item --> partner and then check partner determination log? The log will provide the information how the partners are determined.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

ILN (or GLN) is the international location number which is held on the customer general data, Control tab.

I wanted to use this value which is sent by an external customer via EDI to determine the item partner within IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS. I found this within SAP help which suggested it was possible..

Document Header: Partner Info Additional Data (Segment E1EDKA3) - AFS-Interfaces - SAP Library

However, I then noticed it was specifically for SAP AFS. After further digging I found this in the wiki section which basically says it is not possible without development..

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SD/IDOC+partner+determination+through+ILN+doesn%27t+work

So I believe I have the answer to my question now, unless anyone knows any different