cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic batch determination in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

My batch selection criterion is being replicated to EWM outbound delivery order. But, batches are not determined automatically there.

I have alredy made settings for 'to check batches' for the outbound delivery order document type.

Also, I have set 'Batch Determination in EWM via Batch Attribute Replication' for my warehouse in ERP system.

If I enter, batches manually in outbound delivery order items, it is validating if the entered batch is meeting the selection criterion or not.

Still, am I missing something here.

Awaiting your valuable inputs.

Thank you

amueller1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

but how does batch determination work in case of backflushing components and a production supply area, assigned to an EWM storage location?

For non batch managed products it works fine, the system creates the oubound delivery order and also the warehouse task for goods issue automatically in EWM.

For batch managed products that doesn't work. The system creates automatically the outbound delivery order (batch selection criteria are also assigned), but the warehouse task for goods issue isn't created and the batch has to be assigned manually. The goods issue (triggered by GI warehouse task) can't be posted without assigning a batch manually.

Best regards.
Andy

yaping_wang2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

If you are using EWM for production order backflushing (consumption), you will have to have batch determined in ECC side. EWM side will not be able to perform auto-batch determination. Production order outbound delivery order type is different from other ODO. You need to setup ECC side delivery type e.g. DOG and item category level batch determination rule to allow ECC batch determination.

Cheers

Yp

0 Kudos

Hey YP,

I am going through the same scenario, backflushing batch managed products. How did you set batch determination in ECC? Did you already set batch determination at the time of order release in ECC? And then used the same batch determination at the time of order confirmation for the 261?

In my case, EWM just determines the bin with the oldest batch and I use P320 (REPL) to bring stock to the PSA. Picker chooses an HU of his choice and selects the batch. ECC does not know which batch was brought to the PSA. And since I am using EWM staging, I can't set a different SLOC for PSA than the source. So I am looking to do batch determination in EWM for my consumption posting delivery. In most cases there will be only 1 batch on the PSA, so traceability will not be an issue. Appreciate any suggestions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean with "But, batches are not determined automatically there."? Do you expect to have the batch then already in the ODO after the replication? That does not happen.

Does the system find a batch with the proper selection criteria when you create the WT?

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

As I am working on Production consumption process, there is no need of WT creation.  As soon as production order is confirmed, components need to be consumed from the EWM system as the production supply storage location is ewm managed.

That is the reason, in ERP system, outbound deliveries get generated for component consumption from EWM system and will be distributed to EWM system. (Note: My components are batch managed)

I have set up batch determination for outbound delivery item type DOGN in ERP system for the character LOBM_HSDAT in ascending order. I can my search strategy determined in ERP system for the delivery items. But, I would like to determine batches in EWM system rather. Not in ERP.

It mean, I only want to replicate(or to distribute) the selection criterion to EWM system along witht the outbound delivery from ERP. (For this I have set the indicator ''Batch Determination in EWM via Batch Attribute Replication'' for my warehouse in ERP.)

In the outbound delivery order which is created in EWM system (by activation of ODR), batch selection criterion which is determined in ERP system is visible when I select 'Batch selection criterion' icon for the ODO item. But, batch is not determined automatically even though batch for that selection criterion is available in the detemined bin of the PSA storage type 1000.

Through F4, I can choose a batch for that item and save and PGI to complete the consumption posting which in turn generates 261 documents to ERP system.

If I chose a batch which is not fitting for the selection criterion, it is throwing an error. But not determining a batch with the selection criterion distributed.

That is my query...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only characteristics as batch selection criteria are transfered to EWM.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/47/0cb3dec81e5bebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

If you switch to Staging for the production supply and Outbound delivery proces, EWM is then ready to generate WTs. So you may set the system to create these automatically.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm70/helpdata/en/47/0d9656bbb76af2e10000000a1553f6/content.htm?frameset...

Petr

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

EWM does not know a batch determination. You can, as you have set it up, just select to transfer the batch selection criteria to EWM. When the WT is then created, EWM will only select quants with the proper batch. But only at this moment.

But for the production process consumption posting... I do not think that this will work. It is also process wise not really feasible.

Assume you have production order 1. You first get the delivery for staging. Assume you have the batch determination strategy running in ERP and the criterion is A. You stage this material. But this can be any batch then with this criteria.

Then you have a second production order, same criteria, but this time another batch in EWM is selected (still criteria A, but the first batch is not there anymore).

Now you post the consumption for any of these two production orders - which of the two batches should be used? I believe this process is only possible if you have a full batch determination already in the production order.

Brgds

Juergen