cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Shipping Deadlines: What is here the Feature ?

0 Kudos

Hi folks,

The backgound of my inquiry is: The business requires to statistically compare the customer order's confirmed delivery date/time against the Proof of Delivery date/time provided by e.g. the IDoc type DELVRY07.

There is a VL0n* delivery header tab "almost crying out for" this purpose named: Dates. (See the attached JPG file.) This view enables to maintain a planned begin date / time against actual occurencies. (The tab view is physically reprensented by several TSEG* tables.)

Having investigated the ECC 6.06 repository and SAP's Service Portal / OSS I came to the conclusion that this feature -- as well as the analogous VT0n* shipment tab "Further Dates" -- is a pure interactively maintainable data base,not updatable by means of exits or the like.

(Compare SAP note 351654 on "Time segment" saying. "There is general uncertainty or even confusion over how this should be achieved, since the delivered documentation is not sufficiently detailed.")

Looking forward to your opinions or even advice!

Regards,

Volker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

I was once implementing a functionality to update shipment additional dates/deadlines from incoming idoc.

I do not have a positive experience though. As you mentioned, data is stored at separate DB tables with vague link to main document. In case you have many shipments and data to be read for your reports, this might lead to poor performance results.

Not to mention that each report would require custom code, because those additional dates are not visible in stanard shipment reporting transactions.

And last but not least, in case the interface does not work and users are requested to maintain the values manually - this is very time consuming process because those fields have weird date/time structure that most of the users find very confusing.

I hope that helps a bit.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

0 Kudos

Hi Dominik!

Meanwhile I had a chat with development colleagues and we now consider a Business Transaction Event approach to populate the time segment tables with a planned time when creating the delivery document.

And the inbound IDoc type DELVRYnn as Proof of Delivery is planned to update the actual time.

I will keep your remark on performance issue in mind. Maybe we will daily transfer the data to our external reporting platform to compare plan against actual times there.

Thank and regards,

Volker

Answers (0)