Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Refresh in MII (NULL error)

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're facing a strange problem with regards to IRPT page code. We're not using NWDI. I understand that in absence of NWDI, only a single user can work on those files at one instance. The problem arises when the first user is done with his/her changes and when the second user tries to open that file he gets a NULL alert at first (screen grab attached)

So I need to open another irpt and then click on the first tab again to see the file. Also, if I make any updates and/or changes to that file, they do not get saved. I noticed that the asterisk mark (to suggest that the file is being worked on) is MISSING when I work on that file. On clicking save, I see "SAVE COMPLETED" but on closing, refreshing and publishing the file, the latest changes don't get reflected.

I am using MII version 12.2.3 Build(182).

Restarting MII server doesn't assist much; the NULL problem still persists. Please advise a workaround for the above problem.

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manishagb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Probably, your MII Server connectivity requires an active "Network Connect"(or something similar) session which is used for secure Client Application Sessions.

Whenever that is signed out/disconnected you will get this error screen. And after reconnecting it you can continue with your work on workbench without restarting the MII session.

In some organizations, with a log-in to their VPN, it's been set to start Network Connect automatically. and when it's been stopped/disconnected, similar issue can be observed in relevant(/previously connected) MII workbench sessions.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manisha

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

I am using VPN to login to client network. The VPN is connected at all times, so I don't think VPN disconnection is causing the error. I suspect that IRPT file has issue, since other files open properly and I can make changes/updates etc. to those files. I've even tried copying that file under a different folder, but I get the same error. Do we need to do any other settings, probably JAVA settings in NWA or is there any other way out?

Regards

Rajeev

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Nothing to do with NWDI here. I suppose the issue is from JRE.

I have previously observed some distortion on the workbench as well with some versions.

What version of JRE you are using?

Thanks and Regards,

Swaroop

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

I am using jre6. Do I need to make any additional configurations elsewhere? This issue is causing a lot of problems; copying the same file to other folder also doesn't help.

Regards

Rajeev

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What update of JRE6?

-Swaroop

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

java version "1.6.0_33"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_33-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.8-b03, mixed mode)

-Rajeev

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Good! Try degrading to 6_17 version of jre.

Regards,

Swaroop

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop, Will degrading jre version cause any other issues such as opening of workbench, causing java problems etc? Also, other IRPT files are working with JRE 6_33....

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Rajeev,it would not. Infact, workbench has jre compatibility issues, so degrading it will help in proper operation.

Thanks,

Swaroop

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, tried with 6_17 as well- i still get the NULL error...