cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for Sales Orders w/o VPRS during PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Here i am explaining one requirement please suggest me to how overcome on this.

1 -Requirement: when in Material master the Price (Std or Moving avg) is not maintained then the system must be give error message at sales order level and PGI level.

I checked in standard way i did not find any solution as per my knowledge apart from user exit.

How do i achive to restrict the SO or PGI without Cost maintained in Material Master.

2- Requirement: for the same above we need to develop one more requirement, like below

Suppose in a Sales Order i entered 1000 line items with 1000 qty. out of this 100 line items are not maintained Price in Material master, Here my logic will be,  if i save the sales order for the 1000 line item the system created one Sales order for 900 line items which are having Price in the Material master, and the second sales order should be created automatically for rest of the 100 qty which are not having Price in the Material Master.

For this i am doing my own logic before that, i want some more valuable inputs from your side.

Message title was edited by: Jyoti Prakash - Please use meaningful and precise subject titles to represent discussion. Don't add all CAPS in discussion title & body. ALL CAPS, amounts to SHOUTING.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

If Standard price is not maintained in MMR, you want sales order creation to be stopped. This can very well be done at user exit level. you can just check the account view of material in MBEW table for the relevant plant and if price is not maintained you can give an error message. I have some questions here.

1. Are all your materials relevant for valuation. If you use non-valuated materials, the price is not supposed to be there. what do you plan to do for such cases.

2. Even for valuated materials, value can be maintained as 0 or 0.1. In those cases, what is your plan.

for the second question

The requirement is misleading.

As per your reqmt, once the MMR doesnt have value, a second sales order is created for such items alone. and in these sales orders, the check will again happen and because the value is not there, another sales order will be created with these items and the cycle continues!!!!!

Why do you need such process.

I believe instead of enabling your controls in process, you should have a report to find out materials without value in their price  field and then do corrective measures for these items.

0 Kudos

Hai Raghu,

1. For making a cost from Material master VPRS mandatory - Put TICK mark in REQUIRED column of Pricing procedure.

VPRS - Required - TICK mark.

During sales order system will make display the error message.

By enhancement also, you can make to check whether line item wise required condition type is available and having Value, else display error.

2. Creation of sales order from sales order might be tricky, keen to know from experts

Regards,

Mani