cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from PI 7.3 SP4 to PO 7.4 SP8(or)9 AEX

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have PI 7.3 SP04 dual stack and the plan to go to PO7.4 SP09 AEX (on MSS2012)

Currently planned to go with side by side installation of AEX and migration of ESR and Directory Content. Below was one of the note being considered.

1515223 - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration: Release Recommendation

Also read about the DCMT tool which would help here. Looking for below clarifications if you could give your ideas or experiences or advice, which is appreciated.

- Are there any specific challenges encountered in side by side scenario.

- Are there any dependencies on source in terms of SP or any, while migrating using DCMT

- Any challenges for export import of ESR and ID

- May be incorrect Question, but any possibility to keep PI 7.3 operational for limited time parallel to AEX 7.4

- Preferred Sequence of post steps+migration to live

- B2B already included now with PO 7.4 and not need seperate license as earlier.? Currently we have Seeburger.

Your responses and advice are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member462539
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why your Business/Architect, designed to go with Upgrade. Here is my input based on my experience handled for 5 customers so far from PI - PO.

Instead of Upgrade, Go with fresh installation and migrate all scenarios in case if your interfaces are less than 400-500.

- Easiest & quickest way, and also less issues can be encountered by Migrating all scenarios using migration tool rather than upgrade. wouldn't take more than 15-20 days for migrating all 400-500 scenarios completely.

- Challenges in ESR and ID can be faced during testing of all your interface/scenarios. This is the crucial & critical phase, which can take 2-3 months with PI/PO experts.

- Yes, you can run both instances in parallel if you go with this fresh installation. You can follow NZDM in case of upgrade.

- Check master guide, it is having info pretty much detailed.

-Yes, B2B is already included in PO and separate license is NOT required. Again testing phase is crucial and critical. You have to compare all your EDI transactions payloads between Seeburger and B2B EDI especially in mappings and XML structures.

Hope I addressed your questions.

0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Thank you very much for detailed information. Much clear to my queeies. Also you mentioned about the master guide. I checked the one, but this part, i could not read it. Are you referring to the Netweaver 7.4 guide only, or some other. If so can you share the link for the same.

Thanks again

0 Kudos

Hi,  I have the clarity now. Hence I want to consider this thread complete.

Best Regards,

Venkat.

Answers (0)