cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration PPM-PS

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can please someone help me solve the integration between PS and PPM? I'm trying to configure a type of item with ps project. Also trying to create a wbs from a task of a project in PPM. Maybe someone can share me a document with the necessary settings.

Best regards.

Franco.-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member226598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Franco,

1. Check your Master Switch for integration with PS and FI/CO.

SAP Portfolio and Project Management --> Project Management --> Basic Settings --> Check Global Settings

Maintain setting with Area = 0002(Master Switches)

Name = 0007(Integration with PS and FI/CO (see SAP Note 1427365)) with setting value = X and Save.

2. Allow account integration in the Project Type. And also choose transfer type.

SAP Portfolio and Project Management --> Project Management --> Structure --> Define Project Types.

3. Define a Project profile 'CPR0001' in SAP PS. Automatic creation of PS projects will happen with Project profile 'CPR0001'. However, 'CPR0001' is not delivered in the standard system. We need to create it.

Regards,

Manjunadh.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Franco,

these are customizing settings in the PPM node to achieve this. which version of PPM are you working on? PPM 5.0/6.0/6.1?

On a high level you need to do the following settings

At the Portfolio Management level

1. Define Portfolio Item Types

2. Map Item Template to Project Template or PS Project

3. Map Item Type to Project or PS

At the Project management level

1. Define project types..

Regards

Sammar

0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

We are working with PPM 5.0 and EHP 6.0 for the ERP.

Also perform all the settings you mentioned but still not working. We create an PPM project from the type of item, but no ps project.

Best regards.

Franco.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franco,

I`m not sure that help you, but i would have checked the following:

1. Check that you are trying to create PS project when saving PPM Item, not the task, because there is no integration to create PS project from the PPM-PRO task.

2. Check that you set flag "to create project automatically" on the Item before saving the item.

3. Check that PPM component installed on the same Instance or rfc connections between ppm and erp are specified.

BR, Alexey.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi franco,

Is the project status changed to Flag for Transferred? Or are you using Upon release trf the project structure to PS?

Also Is the PPM installed on the same system or it is an RFC call to the ERP?

Regards

Sammar

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

I think you should clarify first:
Are you trying to create a PS-project based on a Portfolio Item
or
are you trying to create a PS-project based on a Project Management Project?

best regards,
J.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

As Franco is trying to create PS project from the task and replicate this project in PS.. I read it as creating Project from cproject/Project management of PPM..

Franco,

Please confirm if i understood it correctly or not..

Cheers

sammar