Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing Dynamic Tiering - SAP HANA

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

Please guide me on how to go for the Licencing of Dynamic Tiering. Following are my concerns:  

1. Is dynamic tiering come along with SAP HANA Enterprise Licence ? or it comes with BW on HANA licence ?
  2. Is there a separate licence for dynamic tiering ? If yes, then does the license is dependent on the size of the extended storage ?

Awaiting response.

Regards

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

For question 1, Dynamic Tiering is one HANA option which needs additional license.

See the screenshot below from HANA SPS 09 master guide:

For question 2, you need additional license for this option. But I do not know if the license is depend on the size consumed...

Maybe you can consult to SAP sales or other consultant teams...

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In general Dynamic tiering is part of SAP HANA Runtime Edition for SAP BW ( HANA REB) and SAP HANA Runtime Edition for Apps and SAP BW ( HANA REAB).

Please contact your account manager and he will be able to tell the customer specific license you are eligible. 

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan.

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kumar,

I get the answer from mentor Javier Menendez Calvo in SAP Enterprise Support Value Map for HANA.

What he said is that:

HANA dynamic tiering is licensed in units of compressed storage. You shall purchase the option in units of ¼ TB and there is no limit on the number of CPU cores that the dynamic tiering server may execute on.

As mentioned, in addition to the main host ( known as the worker), you can install a second SAP HANA dynamic tiering host (known as the standby) to provide failover functionality. You do not need a separate SAP HANA dynamic tiering license for the standby host, but it requires its own dedicated server.

Regards,

Ning Tong