cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODATA adapter and Restful Communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have 3 questions on the ODATA receiver adapter which comes with the connectivity add-on.

1. Can the odata adapter communicate with any restful json service to do a get,post,update,delete operation or does it have to be an odata service ?

2. Is it necessary to have an HCI to use the odata adapter?

3. We are on PO 74 installed on premise and would like to use the odata adapter to talk to a restful service in the cloud . Is that possible?

Thanks,

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I am looking for the answer from your question...

2. Is it necessary to have an HCI to use the odata adapter?

Can you share?

Thanks,

Y RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

We installed Odata adapter without HCI. You just need the connectivity add-on installed .

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

If the cloud service is not an OData service, you will need to use REST adapter. You will need to be on the latest PO 7.4 SP09 to use SAP's REST adapter.

Just to share my own experience. There are still some REST-related functionality that are not available on SAP's adapter yet like OAuth 2.0, sender side polling, custom HTTP header (it will come later according to their roadmap.) Therefore we went for Advantco's adapter instead. Below is a blog on my experience using Advantco's adapter with RESTful CRUD services.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rest adapter is available on PI 7.4. Refer Configuring the REST Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

You can use NW Gateway to communicate Odata services.

Refer

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Can the odata adapter communicate with any restful json service to do a get,post,update,delete operation or does it have to be an odata service ?  NO currently its designed to consume data from ODATA service providers.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/06/30/odata-adapter-and-sfsf-adapter-ex...