cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Painter Currency Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying to copy an existing report painter form and create a new report painter report. The reason i am need to do this is because the existing report displays values in Controlling Area currency and i need the values to be displayed in Object Currency. So i followed the usual approach of copying and creating the report painter report and changed the key figure to "Totals in OC" for the relevant columns.

Now, when i execute the report, i am able to see the values in Object Currency for the individual categories against which i have some planned cost. However, i have a column in the report which totals up all these values and then shows them as a cumulative figure. This cumulative figure is being shown in the Controlling area currency, which is incorrect. I am trying to figure out how to rectify this issue and not getting anywhere. Attached below is the snapshot of the report and i have highlighted the figure which is in controlling area currency and is incorrect.

Please note that the key figure definition is not at the header level (text that i have erased), but at the row level. In this case the key figure definition is done for the Plan Cost row. So, all i did was double click on Plan Cost row and changed the key figure to "Totals in OC" and i am able to get the figures 500 and 1000 in Object Currency. However, the same does not seem to have an effect on the figure 103 which is still being displayed in controlling area currency. Any pointers on how to display this figure in object currency would be appreciated.

Do let me know in case you require more details on this one.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Your approach is correct, if you wish to display the data in another currency

then as you have described you will need to make a copy of the reports / forms (for

example create a custom form based on the current one) using transactions CJE1

and CJE4 then modify these custom forms by adding new columns for the value in

object currency and by deactivating the columns which refer to the values in controlling

area currency. You can create your own transaction codes for calling these custom

reports (based on the modified forms).

Regarding displaying the values in object currency SAP Note 1925431 provides further

information on this.

BR,

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

Appreciate you took some time off to respond to my query.

However, i am already very well aware of the information you provided as part of your response.

The issue that i am facing is a bit different.

P.S. - SAP is also looking at the issue. I will keep all our friends posted about it.

Regards,

Gokul