cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Operation Undo/Reversal possible in SAP ME?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I have reported/completed an operation for an SFC in a POD and its status changed to In-Queue for next operation. I was wondering if there is any way to undo the reporting on the previous operation so that we can redo it at a later time?

And, would this undo also send a reversal of confirmation to ERP?

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

There is no reversals for yield confirmations. SAP ME has a mechanism of repeated operation confirmations. Please check these help pages:

SAP Library - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME)

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Thanks for the response. I reviewed the links and I think it doesn't handle the following scenario.

How do we handle a scenario where an operator has mistakenly performed a confirmation of an ERP relevant operation which is not due immediately or performed a confirmation with wrong quantity? In that case we would need to reverse/undo/change the confirmation qty in ERP to correctly reflect the inventory.

Thanks,

Venkat

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat!

Reversals are not covered by SAP ME.

It is compensated to some extent by repeated operation confirmations. If an operation needs to be completed/confirmed anyway before an SFC gets to Done status, then the first (mistakenly performed) confirmation gets into "yield" field in ERP but all subsequent confirmations go to "repeated" field. Thus, eventually you will see the expected qty of confirmations in "yield" field, not mixed with subsequent repeated confirmations.

Of course, if the first complete was erroneous and you want to revert it and do not complete this operation at all, then you cannot do this within the current implementation.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Just to point out that unless the operation that was accidentally completed was the last operation then nothing would move to inventory as the product would still be WIP.

If it was the last operation ME would mark the SFC as DONE and the appropriate goods movements would be carried out in ECC to move the part into inventory / stock. For this scenario I would push the part back into ME using a rework order as this would move the part back out of stock and back to WIP.

Assuming the SFC wasn't at the last operation then have a look at "SFC Step Status" which allows you to move a product to any operation on the current router but be careful as you can cause lots of trouble with this command.

From a business process perspective I would suggest the best solution would be raise a non conformance with a disposition that allows you to go back to a previous operation as you should be tracking how often users transact operations incorrectly and tackle the root cause.

Hope this helps

Kevin