Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT keep freezing/hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

System:  IDT 4.1 - Build 14.1.5.1501

version 4.1 SP 5

Created a multi source IDT universe using RDBMS SQL 2008. it was working perfectly normal until yesterday.

Now IDT opens but freezes and hangs once any click on objects in Business Layers.

Access the unx file from webi is erroring out  CORBA error while communicating with SL Service: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/NO_RESPONSE 1.0 (wis 00000)

same error from bi launchpad and webi rich client.

IDT does freeze on other machines too. its not only on my machine.

Contacted SAP: they suggested KBA  1625003.

Verified through admin, all the steps listed on this KBA has already been done back in december 2014.

all the anti virus periodic runs are disable.

SAP is slow in responding. need to solve it asap. Development of UNX is on Complete STOP.

Any help or suggestion? do any one else had this type of error before?

NOTE: UDT is working fine. universe of UNV extension (we have many unv) are accessible and working normal. Its only UNX file and IDT issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to determine if this is a client tool problem or a server side issue .

FYI - the multi source universe engages the data federation engine and DSL bridge services (which are server-side java APS processes) , so i would recommend traces there to analyze
the root cause

also, client tool trace (for the IDT)  to see what errors or warnings are being thrown there.

finally, use a sysinternals utility such as ProcMon / ProcExplorer to trace windows accesses incase there is a blocking IO there.

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry. I haven't  tried tracing niether on server side or client side. But I stop/start the Data federation Services server and it resolved the issue.

Thanks of your mentioning

>the multi source universe engages the data federation engine and DSL bridge services (which are server-side java APS processes