cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Sold to Party to Bill to Party with similar number or name

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got a scenario, we have few bill to party numbers and need to assign sold to party numbers. The bill to party and sold to party numbers should be same. I see the bill to party has no partner function tab. Could you please provide your inputs on this? thanks alot.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The assignment should be other way round. That is assign bill to party to sold to party. Why you want to assign sold to party to bill to party?

Thanks and Regards,

Atulkumar Dagade

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

As Atul has commented, SP is the "main" ("big brother") and other partner functions are assigned to it (e.g. BP, SH, PY). After business has already created BP, creating SP with same number will not be possible. (from my understanding).

Therefore please explain the business requirement.

TW

0 Kudos

Thanks all for the inputs. The client is moving all the customer masters from Mainframe to SAP. Currently they have individual customers for all partners ie., SP, SH, BP and Payer. We are in process mapping to SAP and decrease the count of customers if we can manage them assigning with one customer master if similar. In SAP we already have few bill to parties and they needed the same number to use as sold to party.

I checked the partner determination and the procedure has only BP function assigned. I am hoping need to add SP function in procedure and that determines the partner function in bill to party customer master with sold to party.

Please suggest if any other settings needed.

Regards

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As your client moving from Mainframe to SAP, it is not necessary to have similar thing in SAP.

If your Mainframe Bill to party should have similar Sold to party number then you need to create those customer as standard SAP Customer, It will create Sold to party and other partners created internally.

If your existing SAP Bill to party should have Sold to party then you need to change the Account group of the Bill to party into Sold to party using T.Code - XD07 - Change account group feature you can convert them

Regards

Harish

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

http://scn.sap.com/people/harishkumar.narayanamurthy

Harish has put things nicely!

First have a  clear understanding of business roles of the SAP partner functions. Then see if the bill to party should also have the sold to party. And both should be identical.

For your client what does BP represent? Why you want a same SP?

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As already suggested, once you are clear with the partner functions and PDP in sap, then you can easily meet your business requirement.

It has enormous flexibility to meet various requirements, You are correct in your latest post, by doing the assignment we can achieve it.

But then, it may not be the right way to add SP to BP. So better to analyse the requirement and solutions available and chose the best alternative.

Thanks

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobi,

You are correct in your latest post, by doing the assignment we can achieve it.

In the procedure assigned to the customer assignment group of BP (0003), by adding SP partner function and then creating a BP customer, I don't think partners SP and BP can be created. Please test and confirm.

The already created BPs, for these how can SP be created which are identical? I think this is not possible.

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I have tested it, its very much possible to have SP assigned to BP. apart from assignments in PDP, modifications in the customer account group will facilitate it.

so when we create the BP, the same customer no. can be the SP,

I have not tested, if an existing bp, without a SP partner in it, can be modified to add a new SP function. I am not sure of it.

Thanks

Jobi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Normally for bill to party partner function, any other partner functions are not required. this is standard.

This can be changed in the configuration of the partner functions. Please check out the PDP (partner determination procedure) , where you can do the assignments which will give you the desired result.

Please check the following link, and do a google search for more details on PDP.

Partner Determination Procedure - Partner Determination in Sales and Distribution (SD-BF-PD) - SAP L...

Regards

Jobi