cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn negative credit to debit on suppliers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

When one adds a credit note registered on a supplier, this action creates negative credit on that supplier. What I want is for that action to create debit. In what way could that be possible?

Greetings,

Vassilis Korolis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vassilis

Whenever we Purchase something from the Vendor our stock Account get Debit & Supplier get  Credit with +ve sign.

for example AP Module

At the time of AP Invoice

Stock Debit = 100

Supplier Credit =100

At the time of Credit memo

Supplier Credit = -20

Now the Total Liability to the supplier = 100-20= 80

In B1 Accounting in both cases Invoice & Credit memo supplier will be credited but with +ve &

-ve sign respectively.

Reason : Supplier is your Liability i.e. Creditors

In case of AP Invoice your liability get increase with + ve sign

In case of AP Credit memo your liability get decrease with - ve sign

same case in AR Module : Invoice & Credit memo Customer  will be debited but with +ve & -ve sign respectively.

Reason : Customer  is your Assets Type

In case of AR Invoice your Assets account i.e. Debtors account get increase with + ve sign

In case of AR Credit memo your Assets account i.e. Debtors account get increase with - ve sign

this is B1 Accounting behaviour.

if you still have any doubt check the below document

http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_hc/B1_Image_Repository/Consultant_Training/Basic/B1_90_TB1100_01_01.p...

--Manish

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Debit Note is a document issued to a party stating that you are debiting their Account in your Books of Accounts for the stated reason or vise versa.   It is commonly used in case of Purchase Returns, Escalation/De-escalation in price, any other expenses incurred by you on behalf of the party etc.

Check the below link it may helps you and you can pass the Journal Entry to create the debit entry for Vendor.

Creating Incoming Payments from Vendors - SAP Business One 8.82 - SAP Library

With Regards

Balaji Sampath