cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date value cant be passed to Functional Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to call a Functional Module through Adaptive RFC in Webdynpro Java.

The UI screen will pass many string values and date as per the user selection.

However, the input of Functional Model defined is of Data Type Datum, which doesn't comes as Date Selection while model and context mapping on to the UI screen.

The datatype conversion doesn't work too, as the value passed from the screen looks different with separate context element for date element.

Please let me know, if you have any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of your adaptive RFC context, as well as the context you are using for your screen?

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to see the Date Selection on the UI screen.

I have modified the functional module to  add few more inputs and make few inputs as optional.

But now, on re-importing model not seeing any new changes and execution gives the error of mandatory for the inputs, which was made as optional.

Is there any additional settings/Clear needs to be done to see the changes in NWDS.

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If nothing helps, restart your Java Application Server. Then the changes should be visible after reimporting.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before re-starting, do a search on adaptive RFC cache invalidation....

It is a known feature that if you change the signature of an RFC in the backend system and re-import, the metadata element of the RFC connection from Java to ABAP is cached and not updated, so although you have changed your development the runtime doesn't keep up.

With early Java stack releases, the only solution was to restart the Java stack (much to the annoyance of everyone else using it, and especially basis!) however later releases added a tool in the Web Dynpro section of the admin stuff to clear down the metadata cache.

Cheers,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I did checked by Invalidating RFC Data in WebDynpro Console under WebDynpro Tools.

I also tried the option to reimport after restarting the server. No change.

I am not able to see other functional module added under the same Functional group on creating new model too.

The NWDS version is 7.02.

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tryed to create an new model and check if see fields there instead of re-import?

Would be interesting if you can see the changes then.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you made sure the function module is RFC enabled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new Functional Module was not set RFC enabled.

However, I am still not able to see the new inputs added either on Create Model or Re-import Model.

In the Functional Module,  Update Module is set to "Start immed".

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well it has to be RFC enabled because it gets called from remote. Maybe this is your root cause of failure. Have you invalidated the cache / restarted server after?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post a screenshot of your RFC in SE37, so we can see the top of the code where it defines the signature?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its started working correctly. Issue is resolved.