Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion exit which language is used?

patrick_weber11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have trouble with the conversion exists during form processing. The form contains a table (DDIC) with a column containing a base unit (MEINS).

If I print the form in german language, the unit is represented correctly (value = ST). If I print the form in other languages, its value is still ST instead of PCE (or what ever).

So I set a break point at CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_OUTPUT. This FM is called during form processing and should translate ST to PCE (for example).

I discovered that the parameter LANGUAGE (target language) of this function module is always 'D'

Does anyone know, where the value of paramter LANGUAGE comes from? What does influence the language for conversion exists during form processing?

The form is created with 'DE' as default language. The form is not translatet into different languages. To support different languages, we normally use a DDIC structure to transfer all labels, text constants etc. The translation is done by print program.

I think the reason for the trouble with conversion exit comes from the call of the form itself. I tried to set the language of the form like this:

gs_docparams-langu      = 'F'.
     gs_docparams-country    = 'FR'.
     gs_docparams-fillable   = abap_false.
     gs_docparams-dynamic    = abap_false.

gs_docinfo-langu = 'F'.

CALL FUNCTION gv_fmname
       EXPORTING
         /1bcdwb/docparams = gs_docparams
         p_pardata         = gs_pardata
         p_partxt          = gs_partxt
         p_docinfo         = gs_docinfo
         p_pardata_rel_tools = gt_pardata_rel_tools
         p_partxt_rel_tools = gs_partxt_rel_tools

Thank you for your support!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_weber11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found the solution for my problem. If someone has the same issue, he might found this helpful.

The reason was the missing translation. Because we don't have any text, label or so inside the form we must translate (because all labels, texts etc comes in the correct language from the interface), I didn't create a translation for the form.

Now I created a translation for French language. Because I only must translate the property "title" of the form, it was pretty easy.

If I now call the generated FM like in the example above with language 'FR', the conversion exits runs correctly and the units gets translated from ST to PCE.

So for conclusion: If you want to call a form in a different language than the original language and if you use the language only for formatting of units, dates etc. the form must be translatet in this language nevertheless.

Answers (0)