cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Provider for OLE DB is missing

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie and I am trying to install the SAP IDM 7.2 on windows server 2008 x64 and Oracle 11.2.0.4. The JVM and the oracle client are 64bit. All components are installed on the same server.

In the first step "adding an identity store", the oracle provider for OLE is missing from the list. I have been through many discussions regarding the 32/64-bit oracle client issue with the Identity store. Is there any hope to solve this issue without installing a 32-bit oracle client version?

Thank you

Basel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your reply.
Actually, I had already included the ojdbc5.jar and ojdbc6.jar in the CLASSPATH extensions. Are those the correct ones?
And one more thing: During the oracle installation, I could not find the option OLE DB, but it was there in the components folder, so I assumed that it is automatically installed.

Thank you

BR,

Basel

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basel,

Did you add the file to the OS Classpath or the IDM Classpath?

Also you might need to install the client separately.  I think that's what I did.  It's been a while since I worked on an Oracle instance.

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

Thank you Matt. I'll try to figure it out.
Are you sure there is no need to install a 32-bit client?

BR,
Basel

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only if you're running 32 bit oracle or java...

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basel,

You should have no problem using the 64 bit Oracle client with IDM 7.2.

Please go to the Options Menu item and include the DB Driver JAR in your class path.  Note that you will get a warning to update your dispatchers.  Please do so or you will not get the advantage of updating the configuration.

Regards,

Matt