Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching RichTooltip for nodes of sapui5 Tree control

former_member187794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Did some one attached a rich tooltip control for any of the nodes of a Tree control? If yes, could you please share your knowledge on how to achieve this?

Thank You

Regards

Giri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what your issue is... you can simply attach it to the tree node:

<TreeNode text="{name}">

<tooltip>

<RichTooltip title="{title}" text="{description}" />

</tooltip>

</TreeNode>

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robin,

your solution works as a tooltip on the entire tree node, however, I believe Giridhar needs it at the node level instead of at the parent level.

Further, the nodes only display text, so my suggestion would be that 1) investigate if the node itself can trigger an event to display the rich tooltip since its tooltip feature is the text property of the node, 2) possibly create a custom tooltip if the node itself cannot open the rich tooltip provided by the framework

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

As I read it,

a rich tooltip control for any of the nodes of a Tree control

my solution works for every tree node in the tree, regardless of the level. If the binding is set correctly on the parent Tree control, every node will have a corresponding RichTooltip, showing the bound values, images and what else is needed to show

FYI, the whole Tree control could look like this:

<Tree nodes="{path:'/',parameters:{arrayNames:['data']}}">

<nodes>

<TreeNode text="{name}">

<tooltip>

<RichTooltip title="{title}" text="{description}" imageSrc="{image}"/>

</tooltip>

</TreeNode>

</nodes>

</Tree>

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robin, agree, you are correct, the rich tooltip works for the tree as a whole

former_member187794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin

this works for the tree, but I would like a different rich tooltip content for individual nodes

Regards

Giri

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, like I said, it's NOT a tooltip for the tree, it's a tooltip for every tree node

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this working example: Plunker

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's exactly correct - great example Robin

former_member185274
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

That's a very great example, but do you know how to set the tree node as the link control?

Br,

Pany

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pany,

Not sure what you mean with 'set the tree node as the link control'...

former_member185274
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your reply. What I mean is, in your example, how can I set the "node 1.1" and "node 1.2.1" as a link control? Then I can use its href and target attribute...

Br,

Pany

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't. According to the API, a sap.ui.commons.Tree control expects the aggregation 'nodes' to be of type sap.ui.commons.TreeNode.

Then again, why would you use a link in a tree? It will confuse the users as you can no longer 'select' a tree node (which is the whole point of a tree).

But if you still want to achieve some sort of link functionality, better use the TreeNode's 'select' event, and use a href and target from the context there

former_member185274
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to use the href and target attribute of link control to load new html document to the right side of the page, so you say I can use a href and target from the context in "select" event? How?

Thanks and regards,

Pany

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what you mean.. you could do it just like any UI5 / Javascript control, for instance:

onTreeNodeSelect : function(oEvent) {

var obj = oEvent.getSource().getBindingContext().getObject(),

href = obj.myHref;

// myHref is in your model I suppose

$("#myHTMLIframeId").attr("src", href);

}

former_member185274
Participant
0 Kudos

ok, got it, thank you very much!