cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria - MDM setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are a small scale company we are trying to setup a Afaria - Mobile device Mgmt, I want to know how many physical servers are needed to complete the setup for the MDM and if possible give me a best possible configuration for setting up the (Afaria Server 7x, Enrollment server, provisioning & Package Server, MS Certificate authority server and IIS) I mean if some of these things can be installed in 1server instead of 2

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Raja,

I would be glad to answer this.  You can set up the Afaria server, the enrollment and provisioning server, and the package server all on one box along with the IIS and the Afaria Admin.   You can leverage an already in use dB server as well if needed, by adding on a database.  It does not need to be dedicated.  Most customers also use a CA already in their domain infrastructure.  No need for an additional one.  Does this cover the question?

Tracy Barkley

Sr Tech Support Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for a quick response, as per my understanding Afaria server, the enrollment, provisioning server, package server IIS and the Afaria Admin can be configured in 1 server, and for the CA if it is not there does it have to be a dedicated server or a standalone. And I believe i got all the components listed there for a successful setup right or did i miss something?

Can you please give me the sequence of installation process as well like which one should be installed first if there is no sequence please tell me the best possible way to install all of them.

If possible please provide me a screen shots of the installation process for all the components that needs to be installed.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: raja ram

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It does not need to be a dedicated CA.  I actually recommend leveraging an existing CA, as the certificates for the enterprise CA are good for two years.  If you have a standalone server, you would need to renew those every year.  You should begin with the prereqs, then Afaria Server, then Admin, then other components.

As for screenshots, I believe our install documents should cover this.  SAP Afaria 7 SP5 On Premise – SAP Help Portal Page  It also has the order, and all the prereqs listed as well. 

Additionally, we have further process documentation here Afaria - SAP Mobility - SCN Wiki

There are many possibilities based on need so the install documents will cover this better than I can in screenshots.

Should you run into any questions or errors, the xSearch utility at the top of Home | SAP Support Portal will allow you to search for common questions/issues.  We have many KBA published covering most common issues.  Also a search of the SCN forums also is quite helpful in many instances.  We are also here to answer questions as well, but for each issue, I would ask that you make it it's own thread.  This allows other customers to leverage any answers you may gain.   As a final request, also please mark our responses helpful and/or answered.  That assists other customers, as well as support.

Tracy

Answers (0)