cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM Intercompany purchase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

could you give inputs how intercompany purchase is done in srm?

we're in srm 7.0 ehp3 extended classic scenario with one ecc system.

we have a scenario where company will purchase service/products from another company (subsidiary).

may i know how this is implemented in standard?

also if there's any difference (in terms of config needed) in intercompany purchase of material versus services.

appreciate any input..

we're thinking of setting up intercompany vendors with plant assignments..

meaning , set up vendor ICXXXX in backend, replicate it to SRM as any other kind of vendor, and add plant assignment to the vendor in MM.

is this a sound approach?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dex,

During one of my earlier experiences there was indeed a scenario wherein they had ECS and were using STO as well.

Some of the things which you might consider during the setup of the same in your system could be

1. Separate Number ranges setup in the system for STO PO's.

2. Additionally they had created a new Document type for the STO PO's which were created from SRM system (primarily for identification purpose. you can explore using the standard document types as well)

3. They also had vendor created with plant assignments.

4. Also check with ABAP whether any changes are needed to ensure that the PO's are properly created in backend through the BADI.

Other than this i don't see any other configurations that need to be done.

Regards

Pramod

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid that there might one some errors while creating PO.
For example, one purchaser is assigned to company A, and in its purchasing group, company B is also assigned in responsibility tab. However while creating PO, there is no field called company code to choose the one you want, it will always check the BUK attribute value assigned to this purchaser and choose the last one if no default value is set. If the account information such as cost center is assigned to another company, then the error "Purchasing across company codes is not allowed" will be raised.
I can suggest you one consulting note which enabled company code field in PO which should be of help.

1079525 - Select company code when creating a purchase order manually

Hope this helps anyway.

BR,
Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

I am afraid, the note# 1079525 which you mentioned will enable purchase across companies like you mentioned correctly, a user can select the CC# & PO Doc type to create a PO.

However, the issue seems to be with the inter-company purchase, hope you could throw some light on that process in SRM.

Br,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy

Now i have this "Purchasing across company codes is not allowed.." when using intercompany order (PO)
Could you help me how to troubleshoot this issue?

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dex,

This error is from backend system, and the error is KI 113 or KM 183.
During PO creation, it will check if the company code in this PO is same as the company code for the account, such as cost center in ECC or for the location/plant.
So I suggest you check all these information and make sure the company code is consistent.

Best regards,
Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that PO's created manually get their company code value  from the attribute of the purchaser and NOT on the company code linked to the location used in the PO. If no default is set in attributes, that last entry is indeed chosen. Is that behavior normal? All the while, I thought PO uses the Company Code of the plant used in the PO.. How could this be made more flexible? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right, it is normal process in SRM SC.

Please assign multiple Company codes in the Org. attributes and then select the CC as per the location/plant that is being used in the purchasing document while creation.

This has solved the problem for us and it should for you. Please check and revert if ti does not work, please post a screen shot of the item data.

Br,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

we actually already did that  - different doc type and number range for these intercompany purchases.

one concern  though is on replication of vendors with plant assignment.. had to removed first the plant assignment for the replication to push through to SRM, and then manually maintain the plant assignment again.. i wonder why SAP doesn't allow vendor replication with plant assignment..

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dex

In SRM we have the concept of Internal and ext business partner.

Plant >> Internal business partner

Vendor >> Ext business partner

So based on what you are checking the vendor will have an ext BP associated with it and can be seen in tables BUT000 , VENMAP , PPOSV_BBP

Plants are associated with company codes : Table BBP_LOCMAP and you can also associate with user ID of the person creating a SC by adding in its extended attributes in PPOSA_BBP

In SRM we do not have a direct link AFAIK between Vendor and plant as such.. but based on what company code you choose a plant gets selected and so does the vendor .

Hope that clarifies ?

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinita,

i fully understand what you are saying. issue is on replication of vendors with plant assignment..
they will not push through (unless you remove the plant assignment first)..
i raised it to SAP  and note 2001728 was advised and implemented.

with this correction, vendor with plant assignment is now possible, venmap is updated, but it's not added in PPOSV_BBP.

SAP raised it to their dev team to check why.

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For vendor replication, do you use same number in ECC and SRM for vendors?

For intercompany purchase, did you test any documents such as PO? Did you encounter any error?

BR,
Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ivy,

Yes we have same numbering of vendors.
so far no issue with PO document, what do you think can be a problem on this kind of set up?

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ever saw some cases which have set up cost center(account information) with different company code in ECC side, and once they are used for intercompany in SRM side, it will lead to some errors in some scenario.

BR,

Ivy

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dex,

Were you able to resolve this issue or SAP provided anything?

I faced a similar issue where VENMAP has 1 entry related to the vendor but that is wrongly linked to the plant business partner. Also, re-running BBPGETVD doesn't help because it throws an 'already existing' information message and stops. What I feel is, if VENMAP gets updated with the new vendor (which is an intercompany vendor) and also gets linked to the correct business partner (same name as the IC vendor), then it should be visible in PPOSV_BBP.

Please let me know if you've faced similar issue?

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

still waiting for SAP on this.
Have you had the same case where vendor is in venmap but not in vendor org structure?

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dex,

Yes. Exactly the same case.

However, the VENMAP GUID leads to the business partner which was created for Plant. I was expecting it to create a GUID which is linked to a same-name business partner in BUT000.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have exactly the same case where VENMAP GUID is same as GUID for the linked-plant/location code

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realized that the vendors are all the while in the pposv_bbp.
i searched for them through business partner number of their plant assignment.
they're not connected to a vendor group though. is that normal?