Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting Email Alert.

viswanahreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Members

i am using PI 7.4 dual stack.

I got one error in message mapping, but didnt get an Email alert for the same and i followed Michal's blog to configure.

Can you pls suggest, whether that information is enough to create Email alerts.

Any other confiquration is required.

In the Alert Rule, Consumers > ALERT-TO-MAIL (what it the purpose of it and where we need to configure this ALERT-TO-MAIL)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this for dual stack option:

The following configuration steps are only relevant in case you have chosen the dual-stack installation option forSAP NetWeaver PI.

1. In the SAP system of the Integration Server, choose the Integration Engine Administration transaction (transaction code SXMB_ADM).
  2. Choose Integration Engine Configuration .
  3. Specify the runtime engine that should be configured as Alert Engine (in field Corresponding Integ. Server ).
  4. Select the change mode.
  5. Use parameter ALERTING_IS_ACTIVE to switch on alerting for this runtime engine.
  6. Add parameter ALERTING_TARGET and set a value for it in one of the following ways:
    • Set 1 to switch on component-based message alerting. SAP recommends this option.
    • Set 0 in case you want to use the "classic" Alert Framework mechanism. SAP does not recommend this option.
  7. NoteThe parameters ALERTING_IS_ACTIVE and ALERTING_TARGET belong to the category MONITOR

Installation Steps for the Advanced Adapter Engine

The following configuration steps are relevant both for single-stack and dual-stack installation of SAP NetWeaver PI.

1. Start the SAP NetWeaver Administrator.Specify the following information in your browser: http://[host]:[port]/nwa.
  2. Navigate to Start of the navigation path Configuration Next navigation step Infrastructure Next navigation step JAVA System Properties Next navigation step XPI Services: AF Core End of the navigation pathand choose tab Services .
  3. Set the value of the alerting.target service property to 1.and alerting.isActive (value true).
  4. Set the value of the alerting.target service property in one of the following ways:
    • Set 1 to switch on component-based message alerting. SAP recommends this option.
    • Set 0 in case you want to use the "classic" Alert Framework mechanism. SAP does not recommend this option.Note that if you want to use the Alert Framework mechanism for a new single-stack installation, you need to follow the steps described in the Message Alerting for SAP NetWeaver PI Advanced Adapter Engine Extended article: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3525Information published on SAP site
  5. Restart the system for the changes to take effect.

Configuring Component-Based Message Alerting - Configuring Process Integration After Installation - ...

Try to configure as well if you're using the Java Mail setup:

NWA >> Configuration >> Infrastructure >> Java System Properties >> Services >> Java Mail Client

On Properties:

• mail.debug = empty
  • mail.from = email address on which the mail server uses to send the alerts
  • mail.smtp.host = hostname of smtp server
  • mail.smtp.password = leave it as is ('do not modify')
  • mail.smtp.port = 25

Cheers,

R-jay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasi,

Do you see any entries in SOST?

Regards,

Sriram

viswanahreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

I didnt see any entries in SOST

Could you please suggest me any thing neads to be done right there.

If it possible pls explain step by step

Regards

Kasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check SCOT tocde as well to verify if all settings are ok?

Regards,

Sriram

viswanahreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram

Thanks for the reply

I have maintained Mail Host and Mail port in SCOT(smtp)

Regards

Kasi