Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Mobile Login Screen size on Motorola MC9190

ashwin_bhat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have configured the SAP Mobile data entry solution (transactions like LM01, LM61 etc) for ITS Mobile.

The ITS Mobile service is viewed on the Motorola MC9190 handheld scanner using the inbuilt Internet explorer browser.

The OS is Microsoft Windows® Mobile® 6.5.

We have resized our RF transaction screens by using the statement

<meta name="viewport" content="width=480, user-scalable=no"> in our code.

However, this code is only applicable to the RF screens such as for transaction LM61 etc.

The issue we have is that the login screen that is displayed on the browser is very small.

Has anyone ever increased the size of the login screen on the MC9190 scanner?

Thanks and Bet Regards,

Ashwin Bhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kirill_smirnov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Did you try to redefine the system logon page?

You can actually copy the CL_MOBILE_SYSTEM_LOGIN class into your own and create a desired HTML output in your Z-class.

To set up the new system logon page (defined in your Z-class) you should do the following:

1. Go to SICF and select your service
  2. Navigate to "Error Pages" tab
  3. Select "System Logon" radio button and press "Configuration"
  4. Choose "Custom implementation" for logon layout and procedure and input your Z-class name there.

Hope it helps.

jschoetteler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

your answer helped me to make the Logon-Screen usable on our mobile hardware/software (Datalogic Falcon X3+ with Wavelink TelnetCE Industrial Browser).

I added a Z-Class and redefined the method

WRITE_CSS_STYLE

I copied the source-code from the superclass and changed following

1) To enlarge the width i changed

width:202px

to

width:90%

inside the  MobileLoginScreen

2) To enlarge the font-size i deleted every

font-size:x-small

Result:

I guess this will help other SAP-IT-colleagues also.

Juergen

BTW: I don't understand, why SAP doesn't improve the Standard-Class. 202 Pixel isn't up to date anymore.

kirill_smirnov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for replying and sharing your experience - it is really helpful (imagine how this default logon screen might look like on an iPhone, for example )

The most interesting thing about this case is that we are using similar hardware (Motorola WAP4) and Wavelink Industrial Browser, however, logon screen was not an issue - it is displayed OK (see image below). What version of SAP Basis do you have?

jschoetteler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kirill,

we are on SAP_BASIS 701 SP 16

Juergen

Answers (0)