cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to RFC scenario with multiple operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have many SOAP to RFC synchronous scenarios in our landscape of SAP PI 7.31 AEX and SAP R/3 4.7 wherein XYZ non-SAP system calls different SAP PI webservices (having diff input & output parameters) to fetch SAP R/3 data using different RFCs.

Client is asking for single webservice (because of single sender-XYZ and single receiver-SAP R/3) which will contain different operations (SOAP actions/methods) to call different RFCs and get data from SAP R/3. Is it possible to create only single SAP PI webservice? If so then how?

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Yes it's possible to achieve this in PI. Suppose you have three different structure. So create 3 data type and message type for the structures.

Create one service interface and inside it add 3 operation. Each operation will contain a separate mesasge type. Create three mapping and operation mapping.

In the integration directory, make the receiver determination as operation specific.

Then generate the WSDL from sender agreement or ICO and give it to the sender side. They will be able to call each of the operation from their side.

Let me know if you have any doubts on any steps.

Thanks,

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Thanks for your reply.

Correct me if I'm wrong on below understandings.

Suppose if I have 10 Service Interfaces & 10 RFCs mapped currently in 20 Message Mappings (request & response) and 10 Operation Mappings.

I'll create a new Service Interface which includes all these 10 Operations.

This is only extra thing I'll do in ESR.

Next in ID part, I'll create ICO using this new Service Interface replacing all 10 previous ICOs. In this ICO, under receiver tab, I'll select 'Operation-Specific' and then under receiver interfaces tab, I'll point respective operation mapping (and receiver interface, namespace using search help) to respective operation selected on the left-hand side. My receiver system remains same for all operations which is SAP R/3.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Receiver should be non-operation specific as it goes to the same R/3 receiver. Only the interface determination step (or equivalent in ICO) should be operation specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I agree with Eng Swee. If you have a single receiver, then you can go for the non-operation specific in receiver determination.

Thanks,

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As if you guided, I achieved this successfully.

Now is there any restriction on any number operations to be included in an Service Interface or SAP PI webservice to be exposed?

Regards,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I don't think that there will be any limitation on the number of operations.

Please close the thread if you got the solution.

Thanks,

Indrajit

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's good news. AFAIK, there is no limitation to the number of operation, however I have not really tried having that many myself. You can just try it out and see.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The below thread may help you..Not a SOAP to RFC though..You may make use of SOAP action at the sender end to call the required service in the WSDL