cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation on Proportionate Method in BPC 10.1NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to do Consolidation on Proportionate method at 50%.

I have configured required business rules, script logic and Currency conversion as well.

I have created a separate Audit_Trail for the Proportionate Method of consolidation.

My problem is when I run the consolidation, it's running successfully and showing the records eliminated. how ever what ever the portion for the proportionate is not shown in the Audit trail member  : AJ_PROP

please advise me.

Regards,
MS Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained datasrc_type = A and in business rule have maintained destination data source as AJ_PROP?

Please share screen shots of business rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have given Data source type "A" . I am following 440 ref. Maintained RULE210 but there is no Details has given for this rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried it with a source audit? Also, do you have a method for proportional consolidation and a method based multiplier?

BR,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Then please share screen shot of consolidation rule (Rule 210) also share screen shot of ownership structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that screenshot says you have not entered a source audit id, please try to enter one. Also, please share your methods and method based multipliers.

BR,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Elimination is happening ..but it's not moving to AJ_PROP data source . The particular portion should be moved to this Data source..but that is not happening..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

"Cant understand elimination happening and not moving to AJ_PROP data source" 

You have to define method based multiplier what is entity method, what is interco method what is all formula and group formula. In the elimination and adjustment rule you have to enter what source audit ID you are going to consider for consolidation. It  can be leaf or node source audit ID.

Attaching propionate method rules for your reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Please find above communication and attached rules screens.

After elimination the required portion should be saved in Data source ( AJ_PROP) , but it's not moving to data source just eliminating Equity, Inv ect... 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Please share print screen  method based multiplier rule, elimination and adjustment  details tab and what entry getting posted once you run the consolidation..

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

Can you tell me how the proportionate method will work in in BPC ..with any example.

Actually I haven't given any DETAILS in this Details tab. Just configured rule 210 and Rule 10 and Rule 60.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arnold,

Any Idea ... of my problem.

I have configured same as 440 proportionate method...but it's doing correctly.

1. Eliminated value should move to data source (AJ_PROP)

2. Cash account is not eliminating ...but currency conversion is happening correctly

3. Share Capital and Investment in Subsidiary portion not moving to AJ_PROP, how ever it's eliminating fully investment in sub.

Please suggest me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have proportional consolidation in our system.

We have a method of type P (code 50).

We have a method based multiplicator of type P. The details are entity method 50, intco method 99, all formula PCON.

In the ownership model, the proportional companies have been given method 50 with a consolidation percentage (PCON) of 50%, though we have tried other percentages and they did work as well.

We then have a rule like the one in your screenshots, the difference being that we have specified a source audit id. In our case we use an audit id called INPUT which is of type I. This rule has no details.

The result is that 50% of the amount reported on each account are eliminated on the target audit id.

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arnold,

I will try as u told.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you have a chance to try this and did you get it to work??

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arnold,

It's working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS RaoV

Can you share the screen shots of proportional methods updated?

I have been trying like you for quiet some time with BPC440 and as conveyed by Arnold i maintained Source Audit also, still not working.

Pls support.

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MS RaoV

I got it resolved on my own, thanks.

Answers (0)